Newbie with One V3 having problems

I just got the One V3 yesterday, and today I applied the update to version 7.131. In the manual, it says I should have a "Manage POIs" button in my preferences, but it isn't there. Where did it go?!

I just got the One V3 yesterday, and today I applied the update to version 7.131. In the manual, it says I should have a "Manage POIs" button in my preferences, but it isn't there. Where did it go?!

You probably want to read through this early review of the version 3 One. Be sure to read through the replies...lower down the page. There is specific mention about missing functionality of the V3. It does appear that the V3 is a different critter than the other versions. The missing itinerary/POI management functions seem to have been an oversight by TomTom. However, you can use TomTom Home to get access to those functions. No doubt, a future patch will resolve the missing buttons issue.

http://www.yournav.com/content/n/361/TomTom_releases_ONE_Third_Edition.html

Last edited:
Missing Manage POI's option

See this post:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59534&highlight=

on how to restore the "Manage POI's" and Itinerary Manager functions to the menu. These are the same functions that TomTom support will tell you do not exist on the V3.

Please note that some menu functions (Help Me, map corrections) will not be available on once you use the new menu. They can be restored by renaming the TomTOm.mnu file.

Follow Mike's instructions, most especially the one that says BACKUP yer unit.
Marc

Manage POI

Up until last week I was able to access the manage POI function in this way
1. Tap the Screen
2. Change Preferences
3. Warn when near POI.
4. Pick any POI category.
5. Set the warning distance and the sound.
6. Click Done
7. Tap the screen
8. Change preferences
9. Warn when near POI
10. Select any POI category that has a sound warning.
11. Remove the warning.
12. You should see a variety of new Menu choices one of which is manage POI.

However...I downloaded one of the updates for my TT1V3 and now that choice has dissapeared from my menu.

Anyone else with some help?

Tommy D

Works

Seinman,

Follow the link posted by Hachem and follow the instructions. I just completed the required steps and it worked like a charm. I have my "manage POI" back and I also got the "itinery planning" which was missing from my TT1V3. I'm kinda thinking that the buyers of V3 got a bit shortchanged by TomTom. Why would they want to take options away...they should be looking at ways to add them...or do we need to buy a GARMIN!!!!!

Tommy D

See this post:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59534&highlight=

on how to restore the "Manage POI's" and Itinerary Manager functions to the menu. These are the same functions that TomTom support will tell you do not exist on the V3.

Although this works for me, it would be handy if I could switch back and forth between the two menus on the fly (or at least while in my vehicle, without connecting it to a PC to change the menu).

I noticed that new applications can be added to the standard TomTom menu (I use the altitude application) and it ocurrs to me that some smart programmer out there might be able to create a simple addon menu that swaps the file back and forth?
Any takers?:)

Ask a Question