newbie question

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM ONE
I have not recieved my TT1 yet as it is on backorder but i have been reading about TT1 V1 and V2 is there a difference in the model or is there an upgrade if i get a V1 will i know?

I have not recieved my TT1 yet as it is on backorder but i have been reading about TT1 V1 and V2 is there a difference in the model or is there an upgrade if i get a V1 will i know?
Hey,

We have the V2. We never had the V1 on sale in Canada (or the US for that matter). The V1 was sold in Europe starting September 2005 (or thereabouts). V2 came out last year and starting selling in Canada in August.

V2 is slimmer, narrower and a tad shorter than V1. It also comes in a silver case that covers most of the unit except the back. V1 had a grey casing.

http://www.filesaveas.com/tomtomone.html
Scroll down to the FAQ. You'll see a picture of the two versions side-by-side.

Yuk... the form factor on V1 is nasty!
(COP)Sli, you had to order yours? we have them all over the place in stores here.... eh. :)

No just the shop i bought it from was sold out and had them on order and i didnt want to take the demo model that is typical of the future shop the canadian guys will know what i mean
Future shop is just like best buy or circut city in the usa:eek:

I much prefer the design of the new ONE (v2.) Although we in the US never had a chance to purchase an older ONE. The new unit is slick looking! Much nicer looking than a Nuvi, IMO.

I much prefer the design of the new ONE (v2.) Although we in the US never had a chance to purchase an older ONE. The new unit is slick looking! Much nicer looking than a Nuvi, IMO.
Ditto. Especially since our antenna is internal and the Nuvi ones need to be extended.

No just the shop i bought it from was sold out and had them on order and i didnt want to take the demo model that is typical of the future shop the canadian guys will know what i mean
Future shop is just like best buy or circut city in the usa:eek:
wow... yeah FS has stocking issues. They're selling them quite quickly, moreso than any other brand.

Ask a Question