Newbie query on phone pairing

Greetings from Ottawa, Canada! I'm a newbie owner of TTXLS. I'm trying to pair my GPS with my phone to access some of the TT Plus services they offer. I have a Samsung SPH-a720 phone with Telus as my provider. However, I'm stuck at the point where I am required to input 'access point', etc during the course of setting the wireless data connection. Could anybody help me on this?

Sorry guys if I posted this in the Tomtom News forum. I think it should have been under the Tomtom ONE category. I'm just new in 'forums' (quite ignorant) so please accept my apology.

From what I understand pairing work ok and only parameters for TT Plus services don't work. For this you'll have to check with your phone provider for internet access. You should be able to find this also on your provider's website.

yep

yep call your provider , if they offer unlimited data they should give you the settings. Verizon in the us does not need an "access point" just leave it blank and try.

TomTom One

Ok, I am very new here & very frustrated. I have called my mobile provided and asked for all necessary inforamtion & of course, they are concerned it will screw up my phone.

I have Sprint and my phone is Samsung m-300. Piece of crap phone, I know!! Wondering if anyone has been able to link phone to TT one, use the hands free calling feature & plus options??

I am taking a trip soon & I have 4 children and will be driving alone. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sprint told me that I needed a bluetooth receiver and that would only allow me to access calls, not all other features. Plus they said it was really expensive. Short of buying another phone & using another provider, what other options are out there?:confused:

Ok, I am very new here & very frustrated. I have called my mobile provided and asked for all necessary inforamtion & of course, they are concerned it will screw up my phone.

I have Sprint and my phone is Samsung m-300. Piece of crap phone, I know!! Wondering if anyone has been able to link phone to TT one, use the hands free calling feature & plus options??

I am taking a trip soon & I have 4 children and will be driving alone. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sprint told me that I needed a bluetooth receiver and that would only allow me to access calls, not all other features. Plus they said it was really expensive. Short of buying another phone & using another provider, what other options are out there?:confused:

please go to this thread, you will find it most helpfull.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4965

Ask a Question