Newbie here

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25
Hi all

I am a newbie to this site and currently living in Oxfordshire.

Yesterday, I purchased a TomTom Start 25.
Having a few problems, was wondering if you could help me out please:

1) While driving and no route is planned, it seems to go into a demo mode - is that normal and how do I stop it?

2) I have tried connecting it via USB to my laptop, which is running Windows 7.
I downloaded My TomTom, It installed correctly. I connected the TomTom via USB, the driver installed correctly. However, the program (which I click to open) will not open and to be completely honest, I find TomToms official website confusing, difficult to understand and I keep going round in flippin' circles!
I have registered online with them.

Any ideas on my problems? Thanks :)

What exactly are you seeing that causes you to think it is in a demo mode? Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Also, right click on the MyTomTom icon and run as XP compatible in the Properties --> Security. See if that helps.

What exactly are you seeing that causes you to think it is in a demo mode? Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Also, right click on the MyTomTom icon and run as XP compatible in the Properties --> Security. See if that helps.

Well, In the shop it had a display, it was running through things - and whilst driving it seemed to do the same. I had a brand new one - i.e not display model.

I've looked at properties -> security and can't see anything that suggests as running as XP compatible..

Thanks for your help

The demo mode is a store demo. Make sure you update to the latest software "Update my Start" in Tomtom home, software should be 9.465.

With that software, the device should disable the store demo mode after you drive a couple minutes and it should never come back again.

The demo mode is a store demo. Make sure you update to the latest software "Update my Start" in Tomtom home, software should be 9.465.

With that software, the device should disable the store demo mode after you drive a couple minutes and it should never come back again.

Huh? Not like you, mvl...
A Start 25 is a NAV3 device and will be using MyTomTom.
Latest software would be probably be v12.065?

argh, forgot in my old age. I only pay attention to Android lately, so I am going PND senile...

Start 20/25 = nav3. Start 40/45/50/55 = NAV2. Start 60 = NAV3. Gotta love Tomtom numbering.

Ask a Question