New York City Street Problem

CHT

Hi. I have a new (to me)Tom Tom One (Original...has maps on SD card), and I'm having trouble planning destinations located in New York City. It was purchased as a refurbished unit. I've plugged in several different zip codes, but it keeps responding that there are no street names. Even when I type in the city and receive "New York, New York", or "Manhattan, New York", it has not street names. Any suggestions or known glitches? Thanks to all in advance.

Ad

Advertisements

Hi. I have a new (to me)Tom Tom One (Original...has maps on SD card), and I'm having trouble planning destinations located in New York City. It was purchased as a refurbished unit. I've plugged in several different zip codes, but it keeps responding that there are no street names. Even when I type in the city and receive "New York, New York", or "Manhattan, New York", it has not street names. Any suggestions or known glitches? Thanks to all in advance.
I live in NYC and don't have the problem of "missing street names". What happens when you plan a route, specifically in the "show route" area?

Ad

Advertisements

CHT

I live in NYC and don't have the problem of "missing street names". What happens when you plan a route, specifically in the "show route" area?

TT support advised me to do a soft reset, full reformat, and they sent me (via TT home account) a new map file. I just went with the soft reset which worked. I now have city streets and POI's. I'll hold on to the new map file and do a full reformat if the issue persists.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Ask a Question