New XL335 SE problems

TomTom Model(s)
xl335 and 700
Ok, I have tried everything I can think of!

My wife got it for Chistmas. She plugged it into the computer and left it - in which the computer went into hybernation.

When she 'woke up' the computer, she saw that the TomTom had an error message saying that it was an invalid TSK (or something) file.

I looked online and finally decided to just format the TomTom with a FAT32 format from Explorer.

Plugged the TomTom back up, the HOME came up, updated, and so far ok. However, the is no map - still.

I tried to use the Promotion Code, but it wont let me use it again.

Any suggestions?

Formatting the unit without first backing up the map is going to be a major train wreck, I'm afraid. Home2 will not reload maps for you unless you already have a copy on your PC. The server won't deliver them to you, and it's questionable as to whether you can talk TomTom out of a new one. Your only hope is that the map was actually downloaded to your PC, and that your allowed the computer to go into hibernation during the actual transfer to the unit.

Please look in the directory My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map and look for a North America map folder there. If it is there, we may be able to get you running again.

If it is not...

It's worth a try (call Customer Support at 866-486-6866 and tell them what you did, and see if they will have some mercy. If not, you'll need to return the unit for a replacement wherever it was purchased.

Ask a Question