New version 6.560

I've installed and used for a few days now I think... no issues to report. no news either though.

I think the QuickFix works nicely. I got a fix in a different state last night in less than 10 seconds. Nice!

Maybe a dumb question ....

I think the QuickFix works nicely. I got a fix in a different state last night in less than 10 seconds. Nice!

At the risk of sounding somewhat dumb.. ..Is QuickFix and automatic feature with the new firmware or do you have to do something to enable it? I didn't really notice any difference in fix time when I 1st turned my ONE back on after the upgrade.

I didn't see anything about this feature in the "options" so I'm assuming it just works if it can or not. Can you please confirm?

:eek:

QuickFix is a feature enabled in the new firmware. From what I can gather, it's only available to the ONE via HOME. On the 510 and 910, there's an icon on the device enabling those users to download the QuickFix file via their PLUS services. I don't see this icon on my ONE (but then again, I have a custom menu so I'll have to test it out more).

It's good for 7 days then will need updating again. So if it has been longer than 7 days, just connect to HOME and allow the QuickFix download again. I noticed a very fast lock last night when I arrived in AZ from TX. I was expecting 30-45 secs, and got instead less than 10 secs.

QuickFix is a feature enabled in the new firmware. From what I can gather, it's only available to the ONE via HOME. On the 510 and 910, there's an icon on the device enabling those users to download the QuickFix file via their PLUS services. I don't see this icon on my ONE (but then again, I have a custom menu so I'll have to test it out more).

It's good for 7 days then will need updating again. So if it has been longer than 7 days, just connect to HOME and allow the QuickFix download again. I noticed a very fast lock last night when I arrived in AZ from TX. I was expecting 30-45 secs, and got instead less than 10 secs.
The QuickFix icon is in PLUS services. You'll have click "Download More" I think. But it is in there, I've seen it on my ONE.

Hmm, I last updated the quickfix on Thurs. I just turned on my ONE and it took 2 mins to lock on. It took 30 seconds this morning. I'm not sure why this time is unusually long.

Anyway, how big is the quickfix file? I've mysteriously lost 1MB.

Ok, I'll have to go rearrange my custom menu then to include this. Thanks for letting me know it's there.

My ephem folder on my ONE is 96kb, and holds 2 files:
ee_meta.txt
packedephemeris.ee

My fixes have been almost instant. Not sure why we're seeing differences.

YIKES!!! I guess I missed something pretty big here? This QuickFix thing...what does it do exactly? I too have a custom menu but one of my menu items is "TT Plus Services" Should this quickfix thing be under that submenu? I don't see it... and i REALLY don't want to undo/redo my custom menu (again!)

take out the menu file from your SD card and it's located in the 3rd page of the main menu. I would use vritual TT to do this. When you're done, place your menu file back.

Thanks Pedro. I'm just trying to avoid doing exactly that every time a new menu item comes up but I guess there is no way around that...

Pedro, I still can't find this. I deleted my custom menu, and go to page 3, click on TomTom PLUS services, go to page 2, click on download more... it connects to PLUS, then comes up with a screen that has "Disable Auto QuickGPSFix" greyed out and non-selectable, and "download color schemes" that IS selectable.

Unfortunatly, I have to do this, because its the download extra menu in the custom menu file doesnt include the quickfix option. It's the same icon as the regular menu. Strange.

Its on page 3 of main menu, then page 2 and select 'download quickgpsfix'. this icon is next to the 'download more' icon. TT plus is currently down, so you won't be able to update.

Ok, remember I have a ONE. I don't see that "download quickfix". It stops with download more. I wonder if the ONE can only get this via HOME?

Did you update your TT Home? Did you have your TT Plus username and pw set in your unit?
The grey out icon you see is to disable the auto Quickgpsfix data retrieval option.

Part of the problem might be that I have HOME 1.5 on my home computer, but I'm on the road this week and the HOME version on my laptop is 1.3 with no way to get 1.5 since TomTom took it offline.

I'll have to wait, and as we all know, patience is NOT my middle name. :)

Ask a Question