new version 2.7 is unusable

Running on a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz processor and Windows XP.
As stated its running full tilt on half the processor.
It seemed like it would never respond.
First said "no device".
I shutdown and rebooted.
Restart of HOME got the device recognized but 45 minutes (or so) it responds to say no updates.
I uninstalled HOME.
I download HOME from Tomtom.
I installed HOME from that download.
Same results.
After I got through that initial 45 minutes, I did the mistake of trying "Operate my GO".
I went to dinner. When I returned it had come back with the initial screen.

This is bad bad bad. Somebody should be fired. Reputational damage like this would not be accepted in the company I work for.

It needs to be fixed ASAP. They're due for the quarterly map update in the next week or so.

installed 2.7 version on my vista pc now i cant get the updates all it do's is hang or takes hours to download updates tomtom support blamed my pc i dont think so

thanks to dhn that link sorted the problem went back to previous version
anyone using the new version with no problems must be very lucky try 6 numbers on the lottery

It has been determined that release version 2.7 is indeed causing problems for some and the reasoning has to do witrh the fact that 2.7 scans for downloaded files (like quickfixes, etc.) on the user's hard drive prior to becoming active as such. This scan is causing a stall. A new Home version is expected soon to fix that issue ... or the user can delete all the files found in the ephemeris folder of docs&settings/username/my documents/tomtom/home/download/complete/ephemeris folder and the user will probably see 2.7 work faster.

In the meantime, you have a functional Home app again....which is good.

2.7 unusable

Won't work for me running XP.Just crashes about 5 seconds after starting have reverted to earlier version.

Using Home 2.7 in Vista 64-bit on my PC causes HELL! It causes my Intel Quad core @ 3.8 GHz with 16gb of RAM to fully use 3 out of 4 cores, causes my PC to LAG INCREDIBLY BAD. Causes my cursor to move slowly or skip, and any sounds on my PC skip or sound garbled. It was causing my map upgrade to corrupt every single time. It was telling me that I needed to free up 127GB of space on my device in order to install the latest map. That first download took over an hour to download. The second time it took 58 minutes to download and this time was telling me I needed to free up 69 GB of space in order to install the map. It was driving me insane.

I then decided to reboot into windows xp (since I dual-boot) and the map download only took 15 minutes, and installed beautifully! All this happened within the last 4 hours today. I'm so glad I was able to download the map. TomTom REALLY screwed up with this latest version of TomTom Home.

If anything I would think that TomTom would IMPROVE their software but instead things only seem to get worse. I now have to boot into XP any time I want to use TomTom Home.

Ask a Question