New User - Tom Tom XL325 Bricked?

Just got a XL325se and need some help. I unboxed it and went online via tom tom home to update it to the latest map per recommendation. It seemed to download fine and i proceeded to install the update to my device. It then gave me an error saying the map could not be copied and now when i switch on the device it says the map could not be used and an error has occurred. this continues everytime i try to update it. Any help could be appreciated. I would really hate to have to exchange it for another one.

just bought a TomTom XL Australian version and same thing has just happened to me. Maybe there is a bug in the update software?

Well after doing everything suggested on this site i gave up, but then after seeing there was an update to this post I decided to give it one more crack. And guess what it worked :D Now am backing up unit ti make sure it dosnt do this crazy thing again.

They should really put some kind of warning in the software to make a backup as it automatically finds the update and applies it :(

Ask a Question