New user, new TomTom, new problem

TomTom Model(s)
I'm totally new to forums, so please excuse my ignorance. What has driven me here is a problem that seems to be cropping up for many users of TomTom. My new TomTom 910 worked fine for 3 days until I went to TomTom home to check for updates and to do a backup. When I got finished my unit locked up. To make a long story short, after following several tips on how to get back up and running, 1) reset button, 2) restore backup (which I had made), 3) tech support, I was told that my maps no longer resided on my TomTom. They also do not reside on the installation disk, so I am forced to send my unit back to TomTom in Concord Mass. I am not a happy camper.
I've also heard a suggestion to do the backup in windows rather than TomTom home. Has anyone else lost maps and if so how did you resolve the problem?

Thanks, Bill

Whammer i have a 510 i did not loose maps but when i did back up some how i can not reconnect to my pc i have also sent back many time plus replace my unit still same issue. Good luck with replaceing your maps.

hello and welcome Bill, if your unit is not that old. I would suggest to return your unit to the retailer and exchange it for another one. Sometimes these things happen. I hope this doesnt discourage you to return your tomtom.

My step-daughter justreceived a One XL and she asked me to update it. I hooked it to my PC and FIRST BACKED IT UP

It was a good thing I did, because when I though I was done getting it all updated, I started it and the device stated that there were no maps installed. I went to the back-up and began copying the entire USA_and_Canada folder back onto the device. I hope that works...

Lost maps

Hope someone can help
Just got the TT One LE from Best Buy
Didnt back up
Tried to update from the website with new map of US
Downloaded and started to install
Got almost finished and errored out 6 times
Any one have an idea on wher to go from here
No maps installednow
Thanks

Last edited:

Ask a Question