New user needs POI help

I recently bought a TomTom GO 920 and have enjoyed many features. But a friend of mine bought a Magellan Maestro 4250 with “6 million points of interest (POI) and AAA TourBook information that enables you to easily find destinations.” Using the TomTom GO 920 I flew into San Jose’s airport (SJC) and wanted to drive to the Golden Gate Bridge. There was no POI for the Golden Gate Bridge that I could find on the TomTom so I just picked a point on the map near the bridge. Then I wanted to drive to Fisherman’s Wharf but again there was no POI on the TomTom so I used a street intersection nearby. My friend’s Magellan Maestro 4250 found these popular sites easily. I am certain I am not using my TomTom correctly. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong finding POIs? TIA. :confused:

Last edited:
I recently bought a TomTom GO 920 and have enjoyed may features. But a friend of mine bought a Magellan Maestro 4250 with “6 million points of interest (POI) and AAA TourBook information that enables you to easily find destinations.” Using the TomTom GO 920 I flew into San Jose’s airport (SJC) and wanted to drive to the Golden Gate Bridge. There was no POI for the Golden Gate Bridge that I could find on the TomTom so I just picked a point on the map near the bridge. Then I wanted to drive to Fisherman’s Wharf but again there was no POI on the TomTom so I used a street intersection nearby. My friend’s Magellan Maestro 4250 found these popular sites easily. I am certain I am not using my TomTom correctly. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong finding POIs? TIA. :confused:

Navigate to-->POI---did you pick City and then San Francisco?

I tried to follow instructions

Navigate to-->POI---did you pick City and then San Francisco?

I tried to follow the instructions in the manual. I began my route from the airport and I started with "Navigate to" and then tapped "point of interest" and tapped "POI in city" and that gave me a list of general points like "parking garages" or "beaches." I don't have the TT with me right now but at some point I am sure I put in San Francisco so it knew what city I was headed for.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to follow the instructions in the manual. I began my route from the airport and I started with "Navigate to" and then tapped "point of interest" and tapped "POI in city" and that gave me a list of general points like "parking garages" or "beaches." I don't have the TT with me right now but at some point I am sure I put in San Francisco so it knew what city I was headed for.

Thanks for the reply.

You could also try the poi on route option.

hELP FINDING poI

Hello,

Your Tomtom Should Have This Poi And Here Is HoW To Find It.
1) Tap Browse Map
2)tap Find
3)tap Point Of Interest
4)tap Poi In City
5)write San Francisco
6)with The Arrow Look For Tourist Attraction...tap It And Look For Golden Gate Bridge.

Giorgio

Help!

Hello,

Your Tomtom Should Have This Poi And Here Is HoW To Find It.
1) Tap Browse Map
2)tap Find
3)tap Point Of Interest
4)tap Poi In City
5)write San Francisco
6)with The Arrow Look For Tourist Attraction...tap It And Look For Golden Gate Bridge.

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

Thanks for the help but this didn't work for me. I followed your helpful instructions. When I got to the tourist attraction icon I tapped it and it gave me 16 tourist attractions starting with "Coit tower" and ending with "turtle rock." No Golden Gate Bridge. When I hit the find button and tried to type in Golden it showed "No POI found." :confused:

HELP!

Ask a Question