New user lots of questions

Hi. I am new to Tom Tom's, but am not new to GPS usage. I just purchased an XXL540TM. The user guide inluded is pretty useless IMO. Is there a set of comprehensive user directions available?

For now I'd like to know how to make my GPS location my home. I inserted my home addy and the unit has me a block down the street..

Second how do I designate the shortest route over the fastest?

I am sure I'll have more questions in the future.. Thanx in advance for any help

<snip>

For now I'd like to know how to make my GPS location my home. I inserted my home addy and the unit has me a block down the street..
GPS navigation to exact addresses is not an exact science. Sometimes a GPS will locate a numbered address perfectly, other times not so perfectly. This is because the map companies don't go around and locate every house with its number, but instead divide a block up with the given range of house numbers. If you want your TomTom to know exactly where your house or home is, go out in front of your house near the road with your TomTom on and then...

• Tap screen
  • Change preferences
  • right arrow till you see 'Change Home location'
  • Right arrow again,
  • tap 'My location.' (which is where you're currently standing)

Second how do I designate the shortest route over the fastest?
  • Tap screen
  • Change preferences
  • right arrow till you see 'Planning preferences
  • tick 'Always plan fastest route.
  • click done - make other choices as desired.

Ask a Question