New User- It may be going back

This is my second GPS. I was really excited about the features of my brand new TomTom One 140S, but after one day, it may be going back.

The quality of the maps must be great everywhere but in Birmingham Alabama, otherwise TomTom would be out of business.

I have tried to learn to use the Tomom by trying it out on local addresses where I already know where things are. So far, the TomTom has directed me correctly zero times in five tries.

All the streets are present, all of the addresses are present. Too bad they do not agree! Best case, the addresses are about a thousand feet out of synch with the map.

I don't think I can live with this.

If I had some assurance this would be fixed in a reasonable time, I would live with it. I am sure there is no chance of that.

This is my second GPS. I was really excited about the features of my brand new TomTom One 140S, but after one day, it may be going back.

The quality of the maps must be great everywhere but in Birmingham Alabama, otherwise TomTom would be out of business.

I have tried to learn to use the Tomom by trying it out on local addresses where I already know where things are. So far, the TomTom has directed me correctly zero times in five tries.

All the streets are present, all of the addresses are present. Too bad they do not agree! Best case, the addresses are about a thousand feet out of synch with the map.

I don't think I can live with this.

If I had some assurance this would be fixed in a reasonable time, I would live with it. I am sure there is no chance of that.

You may have old maps and OS on your unit. You should be able to get a free map update. Set up TT Home (download from their website - not from the CD), and then set up your account (email address and password). Do an update from the menu (that will get you the latest OS), and then, log into your account, update again, and see if it offers you a new map. If not, during the week - call TT support - do not email - waste of time.

If you still don't like it after the updates, you should still be able to return it - they will not know or care that you updated it.

Ask a Question