New User From Virginia

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1530
I've been a TOMTOM user for a few years. I have two, an older one with a smaller screen and a newer VIA 1539 TM. The internal jack seems a little flaky right now. It's charging in the car at the moment. I'm going to rewire the Power Port / Cig lighter socket so it's always on. I have a 99 Volvo and my 2002 Ford Crown Vic's is always on.

I've been a TOMTOM user for a few years. I have two, an older one with a smaller screen and a newer VIA 1539 TM. The internal jack seems a little flaky right now. It's charging in the car at the moment. I'm going to rewire the Power Port / Cig lighter socket so it's always on. I have a 99 Volvo and my 2002 Ford Crown Vic's is always on.
I find your plans entertaining, because I've seen so many people who place a lot of importance on having their GPS turn on and off with the ignition switch, and you are doing the opposite. Proof once again of, "Different strokes for different folks".

(Personally, all of my family's cars have unswitched power to the CLA - it's always on. That has never bothered me in the slightest, but I know people who really, really care. Different strokes . . . )

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question