New TT One XLS does the SD Slot work?

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
Hello,

I just purchased a TT One XLS(text-to-speech) Friday.

There is a sticker over the SD slot that says:
Maps of US and Canada now preloaded on internal memory! No SD card required?

Does any one know if the SD slot is still function in this new version? I dont have a SD readily available and I was checking to see if anyone has tried it.

Does any one know if the SD slot is still function in this new version?
Of course it is functional! They would save some money by not building in the slot (as with the new ONE) if it wasn't usable. Just like the sticker says, an SD card is not required. That doesn't mean that you can't use one!

However, if you do want to use an SD card it must contain all of the system files as well as a map in order to function. The ONE's all function that way. It runs either from internal memory or an SD card, but not both.

Of course it is functional! They would save some money by not building in the slot (as with the new ONE) if it wasn't usable. Just like the sticker says, an SD card is not required. That doesn't mean that you can't use one!

However, if you do want to use an SD card it must contain all of the system files as well as a map in order to function. The ONE's all function that way. It runs either from internal memory or an SD card, but not both.

If useing a 2 gig card , does the The internal memory on the Tomtom need to be blank or will it read off what ever has the higher capacity memory ?
Thanks

What would be the best card size for the XL-S?

It really depends on why you want to use the SD card. I use it because I have maps that are larger than 1 GB which are too big to fit on the internal memory. Examples: North America and Western and Central Europe. A 2 GB card works fine for me.

I also use it to test new firmware updates and 3rd party applications like Tripmaster. This way I can experiment by using the card, while leaving the internal memory untouched.

If you want a 4 GB card, read the forum carefully, because not all types work with the One series.

Ask a Question