New TT Home Won't Recognize my ONE

For some reason, the new latest & greatest version of HOME will not recognize my ONE. When I connect ONE, HOME opens up, but whenever I try to use any of HOME's functions, it tells me how to connect my TT device. DEVICE is greyed out on HOME and WINDOWS does recognize my ONE and I can access files on the ONE. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I know when i connect my TT to my PC, the TT asks if i want to connect to the computer, maybe a silly question but are you pushing 'Yes' when asked by the TT?

Yes, it does ask, and yes, I tap 'yes'. The computer and Windows DOES recognize my TT, but not the new TT HOME.

Thanks

after you click yes. check your tomtom drive in the explorer and check whether you can see the content. if you can't see anything in side that's the reason why you can't get connected with tomtom home. need restore

The Tomtom connects to the PC via Windows, but is unresponsive to TT Home. Content is available for manipulation thru Windows explorer, but not by TT Home.

recognize your TT

Are you using TThome at work or at home. When I tried connecting up at work I had the same problem. It would recognize the TT through windows but not through the TThome program. You probably need adminstrator rights to install TThome on your work computer.

From your home 'puter everything should be OK

Tommy D

I had the same problem with the new tomtom home and i called tomtom up to complain and they were like oh the new tomtom home doesnt work to well with tomtom ones if you are running Windows XP, then another rep said tomtom home V2.* doesnt work well with tomtom one v2 and below so i dont know who to believe so i went back to tomtom home 1.5 and have had no problems

Matt

I had the exact same problem, I could only get it to work with Home version 1.5. When I called tomtom, they were useless, saying that home 2.0 is not compatible with my tt1 v2 (which didnt make a whole lot of sense to me). What I did was follow the directions posted by Wiley at the tom of this tt1 category (it will be a "sticky") for updating to Navcore 7.1 After that, I reinstalled Home v2.1 and it works great.

Success!

Success! I followed the "Sticky" instructions, utilizing the SD card reader, etc. on the home computer. Worked great. Thanks for the help....

Ask a Question