New TT GO 720 can't find US map only Guam

Hi, I'm setting up my parents new 720 and TT Home says that the US map is on the device but when I go to pref>manage maps>switch maps the only map listed is Guam.

I also earlier removed the Guam map at which point the device said No Maps! or something similar and was basically inoperable.

Is the device bad or is it just user error? :D

This is getting frustrating. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

:confused:

No Maps

Hi, I'm setting up my parents new 720 and TT Home says that the US map is on the device but when I go to pref>manage maps>switch maps the only map listed is Guam.

I also earlier removed the Guam map at which point the device said No Maps! or something similar and was basically inoperable.

Is the device bad or is it just user error? :D

This is getting frustrating. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

:confused:

Try running an update, to pull in the latest version of the application (Ver 7.221). Your certificate file is missing or corrupt. This will sometimes fix the problem. If not give tech support a call to assist you with this, as they do have a solution. Do not delete maps from your Tom Tom unless you back it up first.

All available updates have been done according TT Home.

Don't worry I've got it backed up and the maps copied to my computer.

We've talked to tech support twice now and they have just said delete and re-install the US map. This HAS NOT WORKED. Which means it is probably a bad map file.

So now what? :confused:

If it's a bad map file, TomTom will send you another via download.

Finally got a new file from tech support:

North_America-7.meta.dct

They said once I was able to get through/log-in to tomtom.com that there would be detailed instructions with the file. Well there wasn't :mad:

Now what?

Haha well now tech support has successfully walked through the steps of totally FUBAR'ing the unit to where it won't even turn on.

Then they expect us to mail it back to them, then wait for them to mail a new one. Yeah right.

Piss poor customer service

Ask a Question