New Traffic Violation Fines - California

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go510
Updates on traffic Violation Fines:

1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1086.50 starting 1/1/07 (Not $271, Post on the highway - thats old).
2nd time offense - Doubled. Third time - Tripled. 4th time License Suspension.

2. Incorrect lane change $380. Improper lane crossing of solid lines or intersection.

3. Block intersection - $485

4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

5. Cell phone use while driving - Double fine
Cell phone use while driving in the construction zone - Double the fine.

6. Passengers over 18 not on the seatbelts - Both driver and passenger(s) get tickets.
No "Trunking" - Both driver and "Trunk" passenger - Fines and Points in Driving Record.

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit. Street racing commits felongy on injuries.

8. DUI = Automatic Jail

There are more changes but I think these are the pricier ones. Be safe out there guys.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in California for a couple of years and I must say I thought the roads were nice, for the most part. All this money collected on these fines keep your roads looking nice! :)

I lived in California for a couple of years and I must say I thought the roads were nice, for the most part. All this money collected on these fines keep your roads looking nice! :)

Depends on where you lived... the roads in LA isnt so hot ;) :rolleyes:

The money ges to fill the cop cars... all those high speed chases cost MONEY!!

LA Fines

You guys , I went back to California Newport BCH,Long BCH,San Pedro after many many years! and alot has changed! I even got a parking ticket! I tried to get all info of new traffic violations and tried real hard not to do anything wrong.(after living in Italy you can get into trouble in L.A.) well I got a parking ticket I was only 4 min late! What do they do pop up like kookoo clocks?
I walked from the hotel to the car and must have looked at a store window too long and by the time I got to the car.....Bingo. not as expensive as here in Italy. it was like a day in the hotel parking lot.... 40$
As for the Carpool lanes I think it was great! I was with the family on vacation wow no traffic! And wow cops everywhere! On our tomtom we have speed cam pois , red light pois and also a poi for where cops are usually seen in cars parked !
Well here traffic violations are getting higher too! And we got a drivers licence with 20 points every violation has a certain value in points that get detracted from you licence. once you get 20 points taken away you get your licence revolked.

Ask a Question