New TomTom Software V6.52

But - does anyone know yet if this is going to blow-up 3rd party installed applicatiosn like Tripmaster (I have really become accustomed to using this - and love the altitude indicator)? I have let TT home download 6.52, but did not want to install it until i know the impact on the above.

If it really is going to improve the GPS program - that is probably more important. Even after taking the steps recommended by TT support (elsewhere in this forum) to clean-up active destinations and to re-set the unit multiple times, I am still finding the "you have arrived" is still usually off by a few hundred yards to 1/2 mile with respect to specific addresses and/or POI's.

Question is - is 6.52 going to fix that?

I am certain I am doing something incorrect again but when I click on the link I just get the web page that ask about the model of tomtom and my question. What do I need to do? I continue to look for the on/off situation to be addressed.

Thanks. On your assurance on tripmaster, i went ahead and loaded it. Tripmaster still works, and now so does GPSFix.

PS - I see a ttn file in the tripmaster folder.

GAW, did the update fix the inaccuracy, the one you described as a "you have arrived" up to half a mile from your destination?

As I read that, I assumed that the problem was with the map data rather than the device or the firmware which operates the TT.

I don't quite understand the need for GPSFix, for that matter. My Garmin eTrex never needed that kind of ephemeris update, although I suppose it took a little longer to acquire satellites, especially if it had been moved a state or two away from its last fix.

So has anyone actually upgraded to this version? After the last upgrade destroyed my first tomtom I am a little hesitant.

I updating the new firmwire. I haven't had the option yet to download the new Quick GPS Fix, but it does lock on the Sats faster.

Using Quick GPS Fix , your GO downloads information about where the GPS satellites will be for the next 7 days. Your GO can then calculate where you are very quickly and with only a weak GPS signal.

Took a deep breath and upgraded. I noticed a new progress indicator and a note that the program was flashing firmware upgrade and a slightly modified screen when complete. The fix on satellites may well be faster. It does work after the upgrade so that pleases me. I gather still no assistance on the on/off when using dc power or info about the traffic module. I am having a switch installed in my car to turn off the power to the dc plug on the tom tom. Each time I start the car even for just a brief trip it will not activate the tomtom only when I intend to use it and hopefully can remember to turn it off. There is also a new screen on shutdown. I still have the noise when using the ipod but have transferred most of my music to the tomtom and it works great. BTW what is the default color scheme for day on the 910?

Last edited:
When you connect to TT Home, it should automatically detect an update.
If not, on the left side of Home under options: Click on "Download your updates"

Ask a Question