New TomTom Owner - Phone Quality

TomTom Model(s)
GO510
I am new to these forums and I must say that I am loving it so far, this seems to be a very fun community to be a part of. I received my TomTom Go 510 as a late Christmas gift last week and although I didn?t really want one in the first place, I am amazed at how useful this little device is or how I lived without one for so long!

I have not had much trouble with it at all but there is one issue that has been bothering me lately which has to do with the quality of the hands free calling which was cause by my doing I think, I will explain?????????.

When I was first messing around with my TT I came a problem with my Bluetooth not connecting so I thought I should try resetting the unit since it connected when I first got it and all of a sudden stopped. Well when I went to reset my TT I mistook the little hole in the front for the reset button which happens to be the mic, and later on found out that I had been poking a paperclip into the wrong hole (this was before I found these forums so please forgive me). After doing this I believe that I may have damaged the mic since I have been getting a lot of complaints about other people hearing me and did not receive many when I first got it and was using the hand free calling before the incident (which was really only 3 times and calls to 2 different people).

My question is if I should return the TT to the company I bought it from or if everyone has the same issue without connecting the wired mic that comes in the packaging.

If this makes any difference the car I drive is a G35 Coupe and the TT is positioned under the rearview about a half a foot downward from it, almost out of touch screen distance.

Thanks for any advice and or suggestions..........

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello and welcome!

I would suggest to exchange the unit to the retail store it was purchased.
Another suggestion would be to use the external microphone provided. Clip it your sun visor. First I would exchange it because it seems it was damage with the pin.

I mistook the little hole in the front for the reset button which happens to be the mic, and later on found out that I had been poking a paperclip into the wrong hole (this was before I found these forums so please forgive me).

hahhahaha I did the same thing.... I am thinking to my self why wont this thing reset.....:eek:

Ask a Question