New TomTom One user in Cleveland

Hey everybody. I'm a Nuvi 350 user who recently picked up a TomTom One also... I travel alot in europe, and I liked that the European maps for TomTom were sooo much cheaper than for the Garmin. So far I can't decide which unit I like better, but the TomTom is definitely growing on me.

Welcome lordhamster! You'll fall in love with your TomTom after you see all the posibilities it has (on this forum).

Well one thing I've always hated about the Nuvi (don't get me wrong, it rocks) is the detour function. If you come across traffic in the road... your only option is to hit detour... the nuvi then does something, but it usually tries to route you right back to the same route.

Sometimes here in Cleveland If I'm going downtown and I know there is a game on downtown for example.... I'll know which roads are most likely congested... on the TT I can block out that part of the route... its brilliant.

The maps in my area aren't bad with the new version... but they aren't quite as good as the garmin maps. However they do seem more detailed as far as turning lanes etc...

I miss TTS on the TT, but not as much as I'd think because the voice instructions and on-screen instructions are clearer on the TT.

Hello and welcome! I also had a Nuvi 350 at one time, but decided it just wasn't worth the premium over the ONE. It is a great unit, but I LOOOOOOVEE my ONE!

Ask a Question