NEW TomTom hub page in the works!

Announcing TomTom Goodies, a place where anyone can find all the cool customization sites and discussions for the TomTom GPS unit!

TomTomGoodies.com

Since I decided to start making my own voices for the TomTom and putting them up for sale I've been working on putting a site together to maximize my exposure. While I was getting everything together I decided it would be cool to not only promote MY voices but ANY website that sells or gives away TomTom items such as voices and icons. If you are someone that makes your own voices or has a website that would fit feel free to contact me through the comment box on the site's home page and I'll include you. There's no charge and I don't require a link back, though it would be really cool.

Also, I'm giving away my "Movie Trailer Guy" TomTom voice to members of TomTomForums.com. Again, send me a message through the website with your email address and I'll send it along. I would have included it here, but when I tried to upload the .zip file I got this:

Database Error

The TomTom Forums.com - Unofficial Site of TomTom for North America database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.tomtomforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.tomtomforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

So, fill up my inbox and demand it, then tell me what you think, aight?!

Thanks, everyone!

Kevin

Last edited:
As Dane Cook would say...

Enjoy your spaghetti. You're very rude. Thanks for taking the time to check out TomTomGoodies.com, but you misunderstand. I did not create nor do I distribute the Homer Simpson voice. That there is called a "link" to another voice artists' webpage.

You see, a link is oftentimes placed within the framework of a website in order to allow a web surfer such as yourself the ability to easily navigate, or "jump", to an entirely different web page without the need of manually typing in that web page's address into the address bar. Although this practice has been utilized for many years by only the most efficient veteran internet users it has widely become a popular trick of the trade employed by newcomers, or "newbies", or "noobs" for short.

The internet Noob is characteristically someone who finds even the simplest of internet tasks difficult or impossible. This lack of ability is also most times combined with an innate lack of common courtesy and/or respect, much like the average motorist suffering from what is called "road rage" who attempts to belittle or intimidate other drivers using the public roadway because, for instance, he/she forgot to maneuver into the left turn lane and therefore find themselves unable to do so at the last minute because they inadvertently stayed in the right hand lane until it was too late and their path is now blocked by other motorists.

It is out of my understanding of your condition that I send my kindest regards to you and yours this holiday season. May the coming months deliver hours upon hours of entertainment and much needed experience as you continue your quest in learning to navigate your way around the internet, or "the net", and may you discover the blissful feeling of mutual respect between you and those you encounter in your net travels.

Happy New Year, Noob. Oh, and blow me.

Sincerely, Kevin

Last edited:
fantastic reply, articulate informative all the way to the very end and the "oh , and blow me" i thought was the best bit i am now loking for more of your replys well done

Enjoy your spaghetti. You're very rude. Thanks for taking the time to check out TomTomGoodies.com, but you misunderstand. I did not create nor do I distribute the Homer Simpson voice. That there is called a "link" to another voice artists' webpage.

You see, a link is oftentimes placed within the framework of a website in order to allow a web surfer such as yourself the ability to easily navigate, or "jump", to an entirely different web page without the need of manually typing in that web page's address into the address bar. Although this practice has been utilized for many years by only the most efficient veteran internet users it has widely become a popular trick of the trade employed by newcomers, or "newbies", or "noobs" for short.

The internet Noob is characteristically someone who finds even the simplest of internet tasks difficult or impossible. This lack of ability is also most times combined with an innate lack of common courtesy and/or respect, much like the average motorist suffering from what is called "road rage" who attempts to belittle or intimidate other drivers using the public roadway because, for instance, he/she forgot to maneuver into the left turn lane and therefore find themselves unable to do so at the last minute because they inadvertently stayed in the right hand lane until it was too late and their path is now blocked by other motorists.

It is out of my understanding of your condition that I send my kindest regards to you and yours this holiday season. May the coming months deliver hours upon hours of entertainment and much needed experience as you continue your quest in learning to navigate your way around the internet, or "the net", and may you discover the blissful feeling of mutual respect between you and those you encounter in your net travels.

Happy New Year, Noob. Oh, and blow me.

Sincerely, Kevin

Well writen, I enjoyed reading this thread.
Kevin.You are a gentleman.

Happy Holiday to all

fantastic reply, articulate informative all the way to the very end and the "oh , and blow me" i thought was the best bit i am now loking for more of your replys well done

Why thank you. Hopefully I won't have to take that tone here again since I'm not here to be rude to anyone. I originally just wanted a place to get some attention for my original TomTom voices and now also want to help people find all the great TomTom related websites through the central hub at TomTomGoodies.com. I didn't think that I had earned a rotten remark from someone for a voice I had nothing to do with. Apparently he just felt really strongly about it because I didn't see any other negative posts from him anywhere else. He just really didn't like the Homer voice I guess. Of course if someone posted that my Movie Trailer Guy or any other voice I actually made sucked then I would have to have a bit more class about it. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping everyone enjoys them. Well, I'm off to add more links to my site. Thanks again and hope to read more from you in the future!

Kevin

Ask a Question