New TomTom Family Member!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Hi!

Just picked up my first TomTom, a GO 720 yesterday. It is replacing my old, old Nav 740. I'll have to uninstall that beast ;)

So far I love it. Not so much the Mac software, nor the website. I guess I decided to buy on 2.0 launch day and the launch is going poorly?

I was wondering a couple of things, if you don't mind:

1) Can I turn off that annoying "Connected to your iPhone" message each time I power up? I can't seem to see that as a voice option :)

2) when driving around, is there a quick way to get a list of the POIs on the map around me? The icons are nice and all, but tapping to browse map and then tapping icons is not as nice as just seeing a list of what is there.

3) I tried to plan a route on the Mac but then when I ejected the 720, the route was nowhere to be found. What did I miss?

4) Can I save routes I plan, or should I simply use itineraries for this and never use plan route?

5) What is the deal with PLUS SERVICES in the US? I see I have 12 months of map sharing according to the map page, but no mention of cost in 12 months. Can I get traffic info via an antenna?

6) Does the speaking of SMS Test messages work wth the iPhone? Doesn't appear to.

7) Can the 720 be used for geocaching? I couldn't seem to zoom in very close when I entered a lat/long, it seemed to stick it on the nearest road, vs in the bushes :)

Thanks so much, look forwarding to helping out others as I skill up!

Ask a Question