New to TT1 and POI making

Hey guys I'm very new to all this and was looking for some help. I just bought my first GPS a TomTom One and I'm very interested in tweaking and making my own POI's. How do you make the large POI groupings for example a list of all Bank ATMS in the US. I'm making a trip from Maine to Florida and I would like to make some POI files of places along the way. Like all McDonalds or all Exxon gas stations. I thought the program Tyre would do this for me but I can't figure it out. If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me a brief example. Also if you guys think of an programs I should load up or enjoy on my TT1 let me know. Everytime I do a seach I come up with programs from overseas. I'm finding very little to use in the US. Thanks again.

Mike B

Hey guys I'm very new to all this and was looking for some help. I just bought my first GPS a TomTom One and I'm very interested in tweaking and making my own POI's. How do you make the large POI groupings for example a list of all Bank ATMS in the US. I'm making a trip from Maine to Florida and I would like to make some POI files of places along the way. Like all McDonalds or all Exxon gas stations. I thought the program Tyre would do this for me but I can't figure it out. If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me a brief example. Also if you guys think of an programs I should load up or enjoy on my TT1 let me know. Everytime I do a seach I come up with programs from overseas. I'm finding very little to use in the US. Thanks again.

Mike B

Hello and welcome.

Making POI's is a long difficult task especially if you want to list bank atm's because they have thousands of locations. In this case, it may be easier to email/contact the bank and see if you can get a file listing of all the locations. A memeber here was succesful in doing that, I have not.

Programs to load on your TT1 can be found here. The developer and beta tester are members here so if you have any questions they can try and help you. The programs highly recommended is Tripmaster, sunset, and offroad navigator.

Hope that helps.

Ask a Question