New to TomTom and have some questions...

I have the TomTom One LE and have noticed a few things....

When getting close to your turns, it says 300 yards, when it seams more like 300 feet. This is really noticable when you have 100 yards left, and you look out and the house does not look anywhere near a football field length away.

Drive times are way off, but that has been covered in the forum already. They really should let users choose if they want breaks calcualted in, or straight driving.

Cant get the SD card to show maps. While I dont have the problem of the unit powering on with an SD card, when the SD card is in, it says "No Maps". Checked the card and the entire 900MB of map data is there.

Thanks for the help

webracin

Cant get the SD card to show maps. While I dont have the problem of the unit powering on with an SD card, when the SD card is in, it says "No Maps". Checked the card and the entire 900MB of map data is there.

Well I have this part figured out....I had the maps installed but not the program....all is well now with the SD card.

Still wanting to know if anyone else has the same problem with the distance...I really think something is screwy with the yards and feet....anyone else notice this?

webracin

Well I have this part figured out....I had the maps installed but not the program....all is well now with the SD card.

Still wanting to know if anyone else has the same problem with the distance...I really think something is screwy with the yards and feet....anyone else notice this?

webracin

I'm not really sure where you are, but that could have an effect on the accuracy on any given day.

I've not had that much trouble with mine being so loose as you described yours to be.

At times, for instance when getting onto an exit ramp that runs parallel to the expressway, or when getting into express lanes, the TTOne won't be sure if I'm on the espressway or the exit for a little bit, but usually it snaps to once they diverge enough.

Otherwise, and especially for turns, etc, mine is usually within 10 yards or better.

Ask a Question