New to here..need help with my tomtom one!?

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM ONE 130 SERIES
I have a tomtom one 130 series..im not familiar with gps sytems at all! It was working fine till i tried to update from my laptop a few days ago! I called the tomtom technical support and they told me most likely i have a currupted application? Ok soo they had me format it and it kept giving me errors? Well, after they had me format it and had everything erased they told me theirs nothin else they could do!? I have no clue what to do? Soo i joined the forum to try to get some help! Thank you for reading!

I have a tomtom one 130 series..im not familiar with gps sytems at all! It was working fine till i tried to update from my laptop a few days ago! I called the tomtom technical support and they told me most likely i have a currupted application? Ok soo they had me format it and it kept giving me errors? Well, after they had me format it and had everything erased they told me theirs nothin else they could do!? I have no clue what to do? Soo i joined the forum to try to get some help! Thank you for reading!

two questions, first are you able to return unit for another. Secondly If they cannot give you help insist on being connected to the second tier support. What happened is rediculous.Good luck

What were you trying to update and what errors were you getting?

Did you make a backup (hopefully Explorer, not Home) prior to updating?

Unfortunately I did not think of performing an 'Explorer' backup
because I did not start reading the forum here until I had a problem.
...and the sad thing is that I am member (or better :) on a slew of
of forums and should have known better...

I have a current 'Explorer' backup now... Thks dhn...

Now, not to hijack this thread...
I called customer support 4 times today after wiping out my NA map
and they were fantastic... I can only suggest you put in another
call and be cool... You should be able to get someone on line that'll
get your unit straightened out...

Good Luck!

Ask a Question