New to forum, but not to TomTom PND's

TomTom Model(s)
340 XL S Live
My 340 XL S Live is the third TomTom PND I've owned. The first was a ONE XL S that I was generally happy with for nine months (biggest issue was the windshield mount, which didn't like hot SoCal days). Unfortunately, "Susan" got crushed under a bus tire in an unfortunate accident (I called it murder, but the other bus driver says it might've been suicide), My second TomTom was a 330 XL S that had routing issues and was quickly returned...well, not really that quick; I'll spare you the long story. After a couple of quick flings with the other major brands (Garmin and Magellan), I came kicking and screaming back to TomTom and the unit I currently own (I still have a Magellan RoadMate 1440 strictly for backup). "Susan 2" has mostly been great; the addition of IQ Routes and the Live services have come in very handy in my work. Lately, though, she's had some issues that seem to be related to the recent application update. I'm still in the process of getting these issues resolved with TomTom customer support (they've been mostly helpful). In the meantime, I found this forum and have already gotten some very useful information and tips on other, less hair-pulling matters (a huge thanks for the info on editing the Loquendo TTS .lex file. Now Susan knows that I-805 is Eight-Oh-Five rather than Eight-West-Five...now if only I can get her to say "U *C* San Diego," rather than "U *Center* San Diego"). Many many thanks for the tips and if TomTom support can't fix my problems, I suspect I'll be able to get some answers here. I'm glad I found this place.

Last edited:

Ask a Question