New Rider 2nd Ed. owner from AZ

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2nd Edition
Hey gang,
Found this forum today, and got my first mod installed. Thanks for the info, that Tripmaster is pretty freaking sweet.

I am planning on using my TomTom Rider 2nd Edition in both my car (Chrysler 300M), and also on my scooter (Kymco Xciting 500).

This is my old GPS solution, Garmin eTrex inside a Nokia barphone leather case:
2964360480101782845S425x425Q85.jpg

However I like my current one much better:
2022701660101782845S600x600Q85.jpg

Well, I am looking forward to seeing posting about all of the stuff here.
2477010400101782845S425x425Q85.jpg

Nice to meet you all,
Tom

Last edited:
Dude, you're in AZ... Do you really need that big of windscreen? LOL... :p

I know it's probably 60 and cold down there right now... (Just kidding you... It was 22 degrees on my way into work this morning, my bike is on a trickle charger, and I'm just jealous...)

I am loving this Kymco! There have been 2 very small things with it, a stript striped bolt on the windshield, and a ding in a panel, but both were fixed without question and extremely timely. Other than that Zero issues with her yet! It starts every time without issues, runs nice, and has all of the power I want. The Xciting 500 is just a great scooter.

I install the Givi winshield in the winter so that I don't have to over bundle up. Arizona is known for being hot, however at this time of year in the morning it can hit 28F, but today it was about 37F when I took my kid to school, and it went up to about 68F later in the day. I keep the scooter on a float charger as well, there is no need to kill a good battery, and even more so when you do not have a kick start to rely on.
Tom
BTW I was born and raised in New York, I only live here in AZ for about 8 years or so now, my blood is still thick!

Tom, how did you mount your GPS? I see it covers your tachometer but that's no big loss. I have a TomTom Rider GPS and want to mount it and run the connection to my glovebox but am technically challenged. Please share.

Welcome to TTF. You are responding in a thread almost four years old (!!) but I've moved the entire thread to the Rider forum for greater visibility.

Perhaps one of our biker members will be along to assist.

Check back! :)

It is all good, I still monitor this thread. Let me see if I can locate some pics to see if I can help out ScooterDiva :)

Tom, how did you mount your GPS? I see it covers your tachometer but that's no big loss. I have a TomTom Rider GPS and want to mount it and run the connection to my glovebox but am technically challenged. Please share.
This is the RAM ball mount that I used. It is attached to the mirror riser, and has been rock solid since it was installed. The local BMW dealer had a wall of Ram Mount parts and was able to work things out at their front door.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of scooter do you have?
2738898030101782845S600x600Q85.jpg

2387874810101782845S600x600Q85.jpg

Ask a Question