New Poster

TomTom Model(s)
GO 930
Just saying hi. I may post a bit. I just purchased a TomTom Go 930. I live in Canada. A little concerned about how it'll do in the cold up here. Brand new driver and omg I need help, lol! GPS should help lots. :) :) :) :)

Welcome from another Canuck.

Before doing anything, make a complete backup of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Also.......if you just got your unit, don't forget you are eligible for the Latest Map Upgrade for 30 days. (you will need firmware Navcore 8 to be offered version 8 maps but firmware 8.3, the newest is buggy. So, if you have a lower firmware version installed [tap the satellite bars to see the version of firmware installed. Tap that version number to see the map version and build installed], I'd NOT update to firmware 8.3 if it is offered. Visit this forum regularly over the next month and I'm sure you'll see threads about any new firmware available.

It's never a good idea to leave the unit in the car unattended. So, the cold temps shouldn't be an issue when you bring the unit out of the home and connect it up to the car charger.

Ask a Question