New Owner GO510 - Maps Question

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
Hi guys,

I just picked up a refurb GO510 on woot to replace an old Garmin unit. Quick question: I also have an iQue. When I bought the iQue it had a code to receive the newest maps. It appears that the GO510 maps that shipped are out of date (version 665 I think). Does TT provide one free map update for new owners?

I live in an area with a lot of construction and road extensions. My iQue has some roads on it that the TT does not. Kind of frustrating and it makes the 'good deal' I got not so good after all if I have to dish out another $100+ for new maps.

One other question: Every time I connect to my PC (TT Home) I have to go through the setup process (select language, time, etc.) after I undock and turn the unit on. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I just picked up a refurb GO510 on woot to replace an old Garmin unit. Quick question: I also have an iQue. When I bought the iQue it had a code to receive the newest maps. It appears that the GO510 maps that shipped are out of date (version 665 I think). Does TT provide one free map update for new owners?

I live in an area with a lot of construction and road extensions. My iQue has some roads on it that the TT does not. Kind of frustrating and it makes the 'good deal' I got not so good after all if I have to dish out another $100+ for new maps.

One other question: Every time I connect to my PC (TT Home) I have to go through the setup process (select language, time, etc.) after I undock and turn the unit on. Is this normal?

No, it appears that they do not offer complimentary map upgrades. We have members reporting the puchase of brand new units with the old map and are out of luck or out of a $130. If I were you I would mait until the new Navcore7 firmware update comes out. Navcore 7 will utilize the most up to date map available.

Search by Street name

I find it very annoying not to be able to find a street unless I know the City name, most times I know more or less where it is, but there are so many suburbs, etc. It would be nice if it searched by Street first, then city...:confused:

Ask a Question