New North America map version 715 now available

Call back today no problem sent them over my receipt and they put the 715 maps in my account

But I hink they gave me the one for the 920 1953.2mb
It says this item cannot be installed on this deviceand won't let me download it Do I need to call them back and get the smaller mb map ?
Yes, that's the only way to get the right map, and you would think that their own people would be aware of that!!!

Just got a brand new Tomtom 720 today, has 705 maps preloaded but when I try the latest map guarantee it tells me that I have the latest maps :(

Whats Tomtom's support email? I can't find it on their website. Thanks
I think you'd be better off calling them...you may have to go up the chain of command too.

Just got a brand new Tomtom 720 today, has 705 maps preloaded but when I try the latest map guarantee it tells me that I have the latest maps :(

Whats Tomtom's support email? I can't find it on their website. Thanks

Try calling:

To contact Customer Support team by phone call 1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)

Make sure that if your current map is North America 7.05, not USA & Canada 7.05, that they make available the North America 7.15 map for you.

notes: 1) backup your entire TT unit using explorer, not the backup function in TT Home.
2) I'd suggest getting a 2 or 4 gig sdhc card for your unit. Otherwise, you may run into issues downloading the larger maps and associated files.
3) make sure you download (and read) the user's manual for your unit.

I called them earlier today and I was very impressed with their customer service.

The lady I spoke to had me email her a scan of my receipt and a minute later I was updating to version 715 maps.

The update went smoothly and the 720 works perfectly.

I called them earlier today and I was very impressed with their customer service.

The lady I spoke to had me email her a scan of my receipt and a minute later I was updating to version 715 maps.

The update went smoothly and the 720 works perfectly.
I'm glad it worked out for you! :)

New member!

New to the forum here. Just got my TT 720 after four years with the original TT Go Classic. What an improvement! No more switching maps for different regions of America and Canada!

After updating the 720 with tomtom home, the North America Maps went to 710 :confused: . Thanks to previous members for posting their experiences with customer service, I scanned my invoice and map guarantee card.

The transaction with tomtom customer service went smoothly. The CSR explained to me that since my tomtom was sitting unsold for months, it wasn't the latest version, so it would not get the latest map revisions. :confused:

In any case, after I sent her the scan, she updated my tomtom account to receive 715. But before I started the download and installation, she told me to delete the North_America_2GB directory on the 720's internal memory.

Just wanted to share my experience, if you're in the 30 day window, there should be no reason not to get 715.

Very happy with TomTom CS

Just bought my Go 720 Saturday so I tried to update through TomTom Home and it was indicating that I had the latest maps (I had ver 710). Since I've been reading this forum for a while and knew that 715 was available I called them Monday afternoon and the first guy I talked to said they weren't released yet to Home so that's why I didn't see them, but he could handle it for me. He asked me to scan my receipt and attach it to the incident number he created and call them back. I scanned and attached it and called them back about 10 minutes later and the second person I talked to asked a few questions and attached the 715 maps to my account. The problem was when I tried to download them it told me they couldn't be installed on my unit so I immediately called them back and the third person quickly figured out that they had placed the maps for the 920 in my account and changed it to the correct one and even waited on the phone untill he was sure it started downloading. try and get the big G to do that.

Summarizing, I called and talked to three different CS staff and was DLing the latest map in less than an hour on a Monday afternoon. I'd say that's exceptional customer service. :D

Im glad you received your map update. It took me 4 hours to download mine!

I got my update through the good services of two customer service reps as BR reported. They got the right map in my account the first time so no need for the third call. The download and install took a little more time than 'usual' but not really a problem (much quicker than 4 hours).

The new map actually seemed to take up a little less space. Not much but I was expecting it to be a little bigger.

I got my update through the good services of two customer service reps as BR reported. They got the right map in my account the first time so no need for the third call. The download and install took a little more time than 'usual' but not really a problem (much quicker than 4 hours).

The new map actually seemed to take up a little less space. Not much but I was expecting it to be a little bigger.
That's great, I'm glad it worked out for you!

I must say I had great Customer service with my 715 update and I was on my last day of my 30 day free update:)

Regardless of your good customer service experience, the thing that really pisses me off about this situation is that YOU KNOW TomTom has the means of making Home recognize the new map, however they ignore it, and require you to send in proof of purchase, codes, etc in an attempt to deter you from making the upgrade.

TomTom has some really shady practices. :mad:

Regardless of your good customer service experience, the thing that really pisses me off about this situation is that YOU KNOW TomTom has the means of making Home recognize the new map, however they ignore it, and require you to send in proof of purchase, codes, etc in an attempt to deter you from making the upgrade.

You are right there. I did not know the 715 map was out except I read it here as my home did not show the new map available.

Kind of odd but customer service seems to take care of one customer, then put the shaft to the next. Great way to keep customer satisfaction high! What a company, but most seem not to care when others are treated unfairly. Some even seem entertained when you receive shady practices from the heavenly tomtom co.Just my nickel...........:eek:

Kind of odd but customer service seems to take care of one customer, then put the shaft to the next. Great way to keep customer satisfaction high! What a company, but most seem not to care when others are treated unfairly. Some even seem entertained when you receive shady practices from the heavenly tomtom co.Just my nickel...........:eek:
Isn't that just life? Sometimes you get lucky, other times you get shafted. :D

You'll read the EXACT same type of complaints in just about every hardware forum. Dosn't matter the product or manufacturer.

TomTom sells 10's of thousands of new units and this forum will have maybe 10+ unhappy customers per week. These folks will bash the product and the service they recieved from calling in to support. But i'm guessing this number of happy -vs- unhappy is hugely favorable in TomTom's corner. Too many of us have nothing but good things to say about our product and the experiences wev'e encountered when calling in to customer support. Fact is...unhappy folks are more likely to post their experiences than the happy ones.

I'm not suggesting these unhappy folks don't have "just cause" for their complaints. I'm just saying , any product release will have a cetain percentage of defects as well as software release bugs.

I purchased a TomTom for the simple fact that it was the only device that had my home street on it. Previously, I had a Nuvi, which did not. Although I've only called TomTom customer service a handful of times, they really have been great to work with--never a problem. I just with the airlines would be so easy to work with ;)

Right on!

You'll read the EXACT same type of complaints in just about every hardware forum. Dosn't matter the product or manufacturer.

TomTom sells 10's of thousands of new units and this forum will have maybe 10+ unhappy customers per week. These folks will bash the product and the service they recieved from calling in to support. But i'm guessing this number of happy -vs- unhappy is hugely favorable in TomTom's corner. Too many of us have nothing but good things to say about our product and the experiences wev'e encountered when calling in to customer support. Fact is...unhappy folks are more likely to post their experiences than the happy ones.

I'm not suggesting these unhappy folks don't have "just cause" for their complaints. I'm just saying , any product release will have a cetain percentage of defects as well as software release bugs.

I purchased a TomTom for the simple fact that it was the only device that had my home street on it. Previously, I had a Nuvi, which did not. Although I've only called TomTom customer service a handful of times, they really have been great to work with--never a problem. I just with the airlines would be so easy to work with ;)

Right on guys! I agree wholeheartedly!

Can anyone confirm if Kilmer Way, The Villages, FL 32162 is on the new 715 North America Map? I don't want to buy the new map if this address has not been added yet.

Thanks....Jeff

Can anyone confirm if Kilmer Way, The Villages, FL 32162 is on the new 715 North America Map? I don't want to buy the new map if this address has not been added yet.

Thanks....Jeff

It's best not to ask questions in more than one thread. If someone has the answer, they will respond.

Ask a Question