New North America map version 715 now available

Yes.....for the x20 models.

dhn...He ask if its true you can't load maps from sd card, you said yes its true.That is incorrect my map along with the 920 poi's, more poi's that I downloaded and about 1000 mps are on my sd card with room to spare,There are no maps on my internal memory at all.

I will say this again. I got my tomtom on 1-21 and downloaded 710 map on1-22 with 30 day deal. I also got the 715 map with the 30 day deal on 2-21 the last day of my 30 day deal. I just called and there was no problem at all.

The level 2 tech must think he works for himself. call back and demand the map. If you take your unit back the new unit should download 715 if not call the better buessness burea on tomtom for false advertising there 30 day latest map promo. It does not say next to last map released it says latest map and that is the 715 not 710.

is that true, you cant load maps off of the SD card?

So how do you interpet this question. MY NA maps are on my SD card ,Guam is still in internal memory,if I go to change maps i'm able to select either one.I guess i'm a little confused by what u mean

simultaneously using both internal and SD card together

The x20 units currently allow you to use both the SD card slot memory and internal memory simultaneously. For other units such as the ONE, once you enter a SD card, your unit will only look at the contents of the SD card.

So I can get clarification on this, I can store say a map of Eastern Europe on my SD card while N.America, Guam, Western Europe are on my internal memory, and I can access the E.Europe Map at the same time? If so do I have to do something to acces it, or should it be under the change map page? I dont see anyewhere to access the SD card on the screen!! I have a 920T

Last edited:
I will say this again. I got my tomtom on 1-21 and downloaded 710 map on1-22 with 30 day deal. I also got the 715 map with the 30 day deal on 2-21 the last day of my 30 day deal. I just called and there was no problem at all.

The level 2 tech must think he works for himself. call back and demand the map. If you take your unit back the new unit should download 715 if not call the better buessness burea on tomtom for false advertising there 30 day latest map promo. It does not say next to last map released it says latest map and that is the 715 not 710.

I got my GO 720 at Jan 25 with 6.xx maps. Then I did the update to v710. Then I failed with v715. However, tech. support kindly resolved the issue by e-mail exchange. No problem at all.

I got my GO 720 at Jan 25 with 6.xx maps. Then I did the update to v710. Then I failed with v715. However, tech. support kindly resolved the issue by e-mail exchange. No problem at all.

I did pretty much the same thing. You should have no problem getting the 715 map. I can also say the new map fixed my positioning problem where I was always off by about 50 yards. Now it hits addresses dead on. To me it was well worth the hassle to get the map.

I did pretty much the same thing. You should have no problem getting the 715 map. I can also say the new map fixed my positioning problem where I was always off by about 50 yards. Now it hits addresses dead on. To me it was well worth the hassle to get the map.

In my case, I was surprised by getting the speed limit warnings on DWP (one of the busiest highways here). v710 has no such information as a speed limit for this particular road.

Alright, I emailed TomTom, was asked for proof of purchase and copy of the activation code paper, I gave those to them, got the North America map added to my account, and got it installed and working fine.
I can't get Mapshare working with it though. On the top right of TomTom Home it says my Mapshare data is 23 weeks old and I should update it to get however many corrections. When I try to update it, it says there's no updates for me. :(
Any ideas?

Alright, I emailed TomTom, was asked for proof of purchase and copy of the activation code paper, I gave those to them, got the North America map added to my account, and got it installed and working fine.
I can't get Mapshare working with it though. On the top right of TomTom Home it says my Mapshare data is 23 weeks old and I should update it to get however many corrections. When I try to update it, it says there's no updates for me. :(
Any ideas?

Make sure you have joined Mapshare.
open HOME and click on tool, then TomTom Mapshare.
Once you have join, update your unit.

Waht a difference a day makes

Just got of the phone with TT, what a joke.I bought my TT 720 on 02/06/2008 got it home connected to TT home upgraded maps from 7.05 to 7.10. Been trying to get 7.15 through map guarantee. wolldn't let me, so I called CS. here are some of the things lever 2 supervisior told me

I already had my 1 time map guarantee. I tpld him the 7.05 to 7.10 should not count since it was just bring my TT up to speed. Map uarantee says any new map upgrade within 30 days.(also did u notice how it says you may check for new upgades anytime in 30 days)He said yes it says check not download. how misleading is that.

Next he told me the 715 is for the 920 only.

Next he told me the only diff between 7.10 and 7.15 is map shere updates. Okay i said then if thats the case why wouldn't you give it to everybody with the 7.10 since map shere id free

next he said it wouldn't fit on 720 flash memory.

I ask him why I couldn't download it to memory card

Now here come the real BS

HE said Memory Card are for mp3 and Pictures TT wouldn't work with maps on sd card they have to be in internal memory.So I told him hmmm mines working fine on an 8gig card.Then he called me a liar and said it wouldn't never work from an 8gig card

Next he said if it was running from a sd card (which he already told me it can't)that it would be so lagging do to the fact Sd is so much slower than flash. I told him thats not correct he rambled on about his 2yr computer degree

I told him i would just retern the unit get a new one then get the 715 update said i woud still only get the 710

I pointed out well if the 715 is just mapshare updates why would your company risk a bunch of returns of units just to get a udate

He told me if i return it to Best Buys they will charge me a restocking fee
I said hey i'll tell them it doesn't work right He said well the geek squad will check it out then

Sorry for the long rant but I have never been lied to and told half truths so much from a company in my life

Call back today no problem sent them over my receipt and they put the 715 maps in my account

But I hink they gave me the one for the 920 1953.2mb
It says this item cannot be installed on this deviceand won't let me download it Do I need to call them back and get the smaller mb map ?

Sounds similar to what happend to me. They put the map for the 720 into my account (I have a 920) and I recieved the same message. Another phone call and they had it all straightened out and it installed just fine. Give them a call and they will straighten it out for you.

If I bought version 7.10 on Jan 30, do I have a 30 day guarantee? Should I call to get an upgrade to 7.15?

Why Not Sell Maps In Dollars???

Why don't they just sell the maps in $ to US customers and in EUR to Europeans?

You can't argure that its because they're a Dutch company. If you go to the tomtom.com website and browse accessories, they're priced in $ and available for purchase. There's no reason why TT can't sell maps or other softwares for $ as well.

Doesn't make sense...

That's a function of the credit card company, not TomTom, that adds the conversion charges.

Would you feel better if TomTom decided arbitrarily to use a conversion of 1 Euro = $1.50 US? (you shouldn't)

TomTom is a European company; we in NA have to live with their somwhat narrow focus in many areas.

Call back today no problem sent them over my receipt and they put the 715 maps in my account

But I hink they gave me the one for the 920 1953.2mb
It says this item cannot be installed on this deviceand won't let me download it Do I need to call them back and get the smaller mb map ?

I have the same issue since the morning.
I was too busy at work to call them back.

Just got a brand new Tomtom 720 today, has 705 maps preloaded but when I try the latest map guarantee it tells me that I have the latest maps :(

Whats Tomtom's support email? I can't find it on their website. Thanks

Ask a Question