New North America map version 715 now available

well it just told me I wasnt able to use the new map guaranty even though I bought my 920T in December. I am calling them tomorrow!

I got them to add the new mapupdate this morning to my 920T that I just purchased a week ago. It took a whopping 45 minutes, and bickering but I got it done.

They wanted a scanned or faxed copy of my receipt, which I thought was out of the question and was told I was the first person to ever object to this. I don't own either, and frankly not many families own a fax machine. So they told me I could go get it scanned at a walgreens for a dollar, but I help my ground and told them they would have to refund my dollar, gas & time.

Finally the light bulb went off why not just give the code for the one year of free map updates, I mean that is what it's for.

However, after being called a thief & a liar I still feel obligated to return the tomtom & go back to garmin.

Anyone else been treated like this? Or have information that it's a federal law that they can request to see a receipt?

I got treated the same way and was told to mail it to them, as I do not have a fax or scanner, after 2 hours long distance and no help I took the unit back to Costco and used their guarantee, I am also looking for a Garmin possibly a 5000. If this is the way they treat people under warranty for a brand new model, how will I be treated after the 1 year runs out

tim

I faxed all of the requested information to TomTom (receipt and copy of the one year map guarantee) in the morning and phoned them in the afternoon to confirm receipt. Within minutes, the map was made available to me and the download took about 45 minutes. It was a fairly painless process and I found TomTom customer support to be very helpful.

well it just told me I wasnt able to use the new map guaranty even though I bought my 920T in December. I am calling them tomorrow!

I could be wrong, but don't believe the "T" came with a one year map guarantee. I believe it was only a small group of non-traffic units that came with the one-year guarantee. Although a hassle, you may be able to return the unit to your retailer (assuming they have a 90 day warranty).

I could be wrong, but don't believe the "T" came with a one year map guarantee. I believe it was only a small group of non-traffic units that came with the one-year guarantee. Although a hassle, you may be able to return the unit to your retailer (assuming they have a 90 day warranty).

My 920T came with the one year free map guarantee also.

I just wish support and sales knew what marketing was doing when they sell these to us.

My 920T came with the one year free map guarantee also.

I just wish support and sales knew what marketing was doing when they sell these to us.

I hear you.

Just as an FYI, I was told that I would need to call every time a new map was released within the one year period. They have my information on file, but I will still need to call each time.

Just made an easy 15 minute phone call to TT support, talked to Andrea (who was great BTW) and got the new map in my account. Thanks to other posters who told me what to expect, I had everything scanned or copied, and attached it to the support ticket on TT.com.

Just made an easy 15 minute phone call to TT support, talked to Andrea (who was great BTW) and got the new map in my account. Thanks to other posters who told me what to expect, I had everything scanned or copied, and attached it to the support ticket on TT.com.

Do you have a toll free US phone number? When I went to the support page all I got was UK English... with UK numbers. Maybe I need to look in my profile.

I sent an email, via web form - last night, but haven't heard from them yet.

I got my 715 map last night. I cannot see any difference for my area so far but will use it tomarrow. I only used the 710 map 4 times so it will be hard to compare the two.

Lucky you. I had also copied and attached everything they needed and provided all the version numbers etc. Then they asked me to provide the same information I had already given them. The one exception was the serial off the bottom of the gps, which of course was on the freaking receipt if they had bothered to look at it.

I sent in all of the information today and got a response that the maps were now available to me. Unfortunately the tech support rep put the 7.10 map in my maps folder, so I have to deal with them again on monday.....but at least i am getting somewhere.

Eastern Canada Maps

Thinking about buying a TT go 920 and I live in Newfoundland. I'm interested in knowing the accuracy of the maps especially from you sshadow as I see u are in Nova Scotia. I will be using it mostly from Ontario east.

What a bunch of BS

Just got of the phone with TT, what a joke.I bought my TT 720 on 02/06/2008 got it home connected to TT home upgraded maps from 7.05 to 7.10. Been trying to get 7.15 through map guarantee. wolldn't let me, so I called CS. here are some of the things lever 2 supervisior told me

I already had my 1 time map guarantee. I tpld him the 7.05 to 7.10 should not count since it was just bring my TT up to speed. Map uarantee says any new map upgrade within 30 days.(also did u notice how it says you may check for new upgades anytime in 30 days)He said yes it says check not download. how misleading is that.

Next he told me the 715 is for the 920 only.

Next he told me the only diff between 7.10 and 7.15 is map shere updates. Okay i said then if thats the case why wouldn't you give it to everybody with the 7.10 since map shere id free

next he said it wouldn't fit on 720 flash memory.

I ask him why I couldn't download it to memory card

Now here come the real BS

HE said Memory Card are for mp3 and Pictures TT wouldn't work with maps on sd card they have to be in internal memory.So I told him hmmm mines working fine on an 8gig card.Then he called me a liar and said it wouldn't never work from an 8gig card

Next he said if it was running from a sd card (which he already told me it can't)that it would be so lagging do to the fact Sd is so much slower than flash. I told him thats not correct he rambled on about his 2yr computer degree

I told him i would just retern the unit get a new one then get the 715 update said i woud still only get the 710

I pointed out well if the 715 is just mapshare updates why would your company risk a bunch of returns of units just to get a udate

He told me if i return it to Best Buys they will charge me a restocking fee
I said hey i'll tell them it doesn't work right He said well the geek squad will check it out then

Sorry for the long rant but I have never been lied to and told half truths so much from a company in my life

One more thing

CS also told me that the 715 had a lot less poi than the 710

I thought to myself wow anyless would be really useless

Ask a Question