New North America map version 715 now available

What happens when you try through TTHome's map guarantee? If you don't get it that way and if you indeed have had the unit for < 30 days, I'd call support TODAY!

I bought it Feb 1 and TTHome map guarantee says I have the latest version. I'll try it again tomorrow and if no luck then I'll call support.

I bought it Feb 1 and TTHome map guarantee says I have the latest version. I'll try it again tomorrow and if no luck then I'll call support.
Today is my last day for getting the new maps for free. It kept saying that I had the latest map even though I didn't. I called support and told them the problem. They instructed me to fax them my reciept and call them up tomorrow. I'll post again once I call them tomorrow.

Today is my last day for getting the new maps for free. It kept saying that I had the latest map even though I didn't. I called support and told them the problem. They instructed me to fax them my reciept and call them up tomorrow. I'll post again once I call them tomorrow.

U don't need to do that. Just go to add content section and add maps. You should see new maps available for download.

U don't need to do that. Just go to add content section and add maps. You should see new maps available for download.
I'd have to pay for the maps if I did it that way. I want to use my latest map gaurantee.

920 with 1 year maps for free

When I use TThome (piece of junk) and select use latest map guarantee, it says update available. When I select get it it shows me the european update. So, i cancel this. Next, I go to add maps. It shows me the NA 7.15 version of 69 Euro/pounds. I have sent TT an email on this. If I get a response, I will post it here. I will take the euro update because it is free but I am just waiting to see what they say about the NA version.

When I use TThome (piece of junk) and select use latest map guarantee, it says update available. When I select get it it shows me the european update. So, i cancel this. Next, I go to add maps. It shows me the NA 7.15 version of 69 Euro/pounds. I have sent TT an email on this. If I get a response, I will post it here. I will take the euro update because it is free but I am just waiting to see what they say about the NA version.

Same thing here. My 920t is less than a week old...

if you do get the 7.15... let me know if Calgary has been improved or not..

At GPSreview, a few posters have reported that TT is having a problem with the distrib of NAmerican maps and so they have restricted the distrib until they lick the problems in a few days.

Hold tight, new maps coming our way.

715 takes the long way

On a TomTom ONE 3rd edition: I installed the new USA+Canada map and ran a test -- a one-hour drive I'm doing tomorrow. With the 7.10 map it takes a direct route, including some shortcuts on back roads that I don't like. With the 7.15 map it follows major roads and takes 90 minutes to do so. It deleted my old Home & Favorites when it replaced the map -- I assume this is normal. I tried downloading map corrections for the 7.15 map and got about 1200 but no behavior change. Before I complain to TomTom, is there something that might have been deleted when I replaced the USA+Canada map that I could replace to fix this behavior?

On a TomTom ONE 3rd edition: I installed the new USA+Canada map and ran a test -- a one-hour drive I'm doing tomorrow. With the 7.10 map it takes a direct route, including some shortcuts on back roads that I don't like. With the 7.15 map it follows major roads and takes 90 minutes to do so. It deleted my old Home & Favorites when it replaced the map -- I assume this is normal. I tried downloading map corrections for the 7.15 map and got about 1200 but no behavior change. Before I complain to TomTom, is there something that might have been deleted when I replaced the USA+Canada map that I could replace to fix this behavior?

How did you get the new USA-Canada map?

What behavior did you want fixed? The deleting of the favorites? You have to back those up yourself as they are stored in the map folder, which must be getting deleted when you add the new map.
I believe that the settings are stored in the mapsettings.cfg file. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect.)

What behavior did you want fixed?

I want it to find decent routes with the new USA+Canada map. In the test I did, using 710 gives me a route that takes 1:09, while using 715 gives me a route that takes 1:37 because it sticks to very major roads. The only difference is the installation of the new map.

If there's something I might have overlooked, please tell me. Otherwise ... anyone who has installed the new USA+Canada map: have you seen this problem as well?

Thanks.

I wouldn't necessarily believe the estimated time... As has been mentioned in a couple threads before, since the USA&Canada map (as well as the NA maps) don't take into account more than 3 (?) road types with associated speeds, the arrival times can vary by quite a degree.
I would be more interested in distance differences.
But you can check your settings to make sure that there are no road avoidances added. And is it possible that a road is blocked that you would have originally taken with the old map?

No you dont. They would put it on your account for free and it would show up in your updates.
The why are they putting it in my shopping cart and asking me to buy them? I want to use my map gaurantee.

I'd have to pay for the maps if I did it that way. I want to use my latest map gaurantee.

Have you used the map guarantee at all to get a map upgrade prior to now? In other words, did you use it to get a map upgrade from that that originally came with your unit? If so, even if you're still in the 30 day window, you are out of luck. In the fine print somewhere, it basically says one kick at the can per map guarantee.

If indeed you have NEVER used the map guarantee feature and are still in the 30 day window then call them again. You ARE entitled and ask for second level support (supervisor) if no satisfaction is received initially.

Have you used the map guarantee at all to get a map upgrade prior to now? In other words, did you use it to get a map upgrade from that that originally came with your unit? If so, even if you're still in the 30 day window, you are out of luck. In the fine print somewhere, it basically says one kick at the can per map guarantee.

If indeed you have NEVER used the map guarantee feature and are still in the 30 day window then call them again. You ARE entitled and ask for second level support (supervisor) if no satisfaction is received initially.
I know this. I've never used the gaurantee yet.

Still can't download 715 here either, I sent support an email about it.
What is the difference between the 720 ver 715 map at 1683MB and the 920 ver 715 map at 1953MB? Is it just the poi and crpoi dat size difference?
I'm currently running a 720 map ver 710 with the 920 poi dat files.

Ask a Question