New NAV 7.162 available to download

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd
After some hesitations, the new application v. 7.162 is available to download via TomTom Home !!
Don't know yet the changes.

I read somewhere else that with this update the One 3rd's got an official ITN folder for itinerary planning...

only release type note I could find.

Minor update for GO Classic/300/500/700/510/710/910 and ONE's. Contains only small bugfixes (e.g. for RDS/TMC), no new features.

I'm pretty sure now that the 500% scale in the demo trip was not there before. Perhaps no significant for several, but I use it!

Loaded mine today and the only thing that I see on my ONE LE is that the curves in the road are smoother, before it was like a stick drawing, now its alot smoother transition.

webracin

The new change made my ONE find cell towers in a couple of seconds.:D

I've intentionally not installed the GPSFIX update on my LE.

Last night when I did the 7.162 update, it wanted to do the GPSFIX update also but I unchecked that.

This morning it still took 1.5mins to get a satellite lock.

So I do not believe 7.162 made your TT1 lock faster, but that the update also installed GPSFIX for you.

My question is, since GPSFIX is only good for 7 days, why doesn't the TT1 have a running satellite table in onboard FLASH that is updated whenever you use it? Couldn't that be possible to shorten the lock times especially when one may use the unit daily or weekly in the car but rarely at home will they hook it up to their PC.

Dave

why doesn't the TT1 have a running satellite table in onboard FLASH that is updated whenever you use it? Couldn't that be possible to shorten the lock times especially when one may use the unit daily or weekly in the car but rarely at home will they hook it up to their PC.

Somebody else please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think GPS works like that.

Your TT device only receives clocking signals from the various satellites. By calculating the small time differences in the clock signals, can then triangulate positions of the satellites and you.

The GPSFIX update is hard information about exact satellite position that shortcuts the initial calculations for locking position. I don't believe any hard information about satellite position is transmitted through the GPS radio signal since GPS positioning was designed for calculation on the fly.

EDIT:

After thinking more about your question: You make a good point. Why not store last known sat position for quicker locking later.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly how QuickGPSFix works so I can't guess at how easy/hard it would be to include more ephemeris data at a time, but I can say that since the Navcore7 update, my One 3rd Ed. has been automatically updating the QGPSF data automatically via my mobile internet connection, so I no longer have to periodically plug it in.

only release type note I could find.

Minor update for GO Classic/300/500/700/510/710/910 and ONE's. Contains only small bugfixes (e.g. for RDS/TMC), no new features.

It seems to have upgraded the traffic details, and did fix a bug in switching between the receiver and bluetooth traffic services. But only after I survived the below.

I had earlier let 7.160 download but not be installed on my 910. After seeing that Tripmaster 1.8a could be set up to work on version 7, I decided to go ahead. I should have skipped over 7.160, but did not - and it bricked my unit initially. It would not flash the 7.160, which was frozen (re-sets did nothing), and my Vista machine kept on saying "unrecognized device", so I was helpless to restore it in any way.

Fortunately, laptop with XP could connect, so was able to restore it. Then when I tried 7.162 - no problem. I still had trouble with some functions when in TT Home - until I deleted the last vestiges of older Tripmaster - I think the was the problem above.

Then I loaded Tripmaster 1.8a, made the change to the config file as instructed on the website, and all is well

I'm not sure exactly how QuickGPSFix works so I can't guess at how easy/hard it would be to include more ephemeris data at a time, but I can say that since the Navcore7 update, my One 3rd Ed. has been automatically updating the QGPSF data automatically via my mobile internet connection, so I no longer have to periodically plug it in.

Hmm...I have mobile internet as well. How do you have the TT1 automatically update? Are you simply connecting it to a laptop via the USB cable, or is there another way I've missed?

It sure would be nice if the TT1 would Bluetooth to my laptop to get updates.

Thanks,

Brian

Hmm...I have mobile internet as well. How do you have the TT1 automatically update? Are you simply connecting it to a laptop via the USB cable, or is there another way I've missed?

It sure would be nice if the TT1 would Bluetooth to my laptop to get updates.

Thanks,

Brian

I'm not sure you can do it with a laptop. Mine goes through the cellphone like it does for other "Plus" services (traffic, weather, buddies, etc).

Ask a Question