New NA Maps Problems

I just sent this to TT regarding the new NA map upgrade.
The new NA map is very disappointing,so much so that I have reverted to the US & Canada that came with my TT1. The original map is more accurate and direct when it comes to driving directions. The new NA map sends me differently than the original map on routes I would never take - so what would it do to me in a strange city? The New NA POI's in general are much better but a couple of categories: Beaches - the nearest is 30 miles away (wrong!). Colleges & Universites should be labeled schools. The nearest Company is 349 mi away!! The Minneapolis Convention Center is missing from Convention Centers. The nearest cultural center is 351 mi away! Stadiums do not have the Metrodome in Minneapolis or those related to the University of MN.
YOU REALLY DID YOUR CUSTOMERS A DISSERVICE WITH THE NEW NA MAP UPGRADE (Yes, I know it was free). I think it hurts the TT reputation.

Yes, I know it was free

Not for me. I paid $56 or so (including shipping and tax). I have noticed that with the new NA map I am getting a lot more voice instructions on the freeway - instructions such as keep left and stay on the left lane - and about 30% of the time these instructions are unnecessary - for example when there is no exit on the right. The trouble is that these unnecessary instructions cause a cry "WOLF" syndrome where the user may then start to ignore legitimate instructions.

I hear you, and I feel for the people who had to pay more thant just the shipping costs.

Just so you know, the new version (665.1293) actually wasn't built upon the previous version and so thats why there are errors/mistakes in the new version that didn't appear before.

I'm sure TT knows about the problem and hopefully they can resolve (maybe with another free update :))

I hear you, and I feel for the people who had to pay more thant just the shipping costs.

Just so you know, the new version (665.1293) actually wasn't built upon the previous version and so thats why there are errors/mistakes in the new version that didn't appear before.

I'm sure TT knows about the problem and hopefully they can resolve (maybe with another free update :))
That explains everything lol. You'd wonder why it isn't built on 660.1215.

Ask a Question