New memeber - totally confused

Hi, i'm new to this forum so i'll start by saying hello, i'm impressed by the content of ths site also.

I have a problem with my TomTom XL which is really frustrating as i'm not too technical to start with.

I switched it on the other day and it statred with the usual warning message, dont use the unit whilst driving. After this it goes to another screen which has the user name with one button to continue. For some reason i cannot get past this screen no matter what i do.:confused:

I have never had a problem in the past. I cannot recall setting the user name previously either so dont know if i've pressed some random buttons when the unit has been in my pocket causing the current problem.

Any help would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:):)

Welcome to the forum, try a reset of the device to start with, if its an original XL there will be a reset button in a recess on the base of the device, give it a prod with a paperclip/ pin. If yor unit is a newer device without a reset switch in the base press and hold the on/ off switch untill the device re-boots to the sound of a drum roll.
Post reset does the device behave any differently or is it still locking at the splash screen - Please note resetting the device will not loose any settings etc - Mike

Ask a Question