New member from Boston

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Greetings from Boston. After a bit of research I decided on my first GPS system being the TomTom One. A lot of things seem equal bewteen TT1 and its competition, or there were things each did better than the other. Price and portability always being in the TT1's favor. I have to say that these forums is what put the TT1 over the top for me. The knowledge and enthusiasm the members have here is outstanding and it seems to me I have made the right choice and that the TT1 will be supported for some time.

I do not actually have the unit in hand yet as I ordered it today but I will sure to relate my experiences with it once it comes in for those who may be interested.

By the way, it is available on amazon.com right now for only 217.99 with free shipping. I would have added this to the 'hot deals' section but have not yet hit the proper post count. If anyonme sees this feel free to add it down there for those who may be looking.

New from Boston as well...

So i too am new with my TomTom One, and like the rest of the forum, adding customized POIs is the way to go, since TomTom leaves alot to be desired. Anyway--I have had luck with some uploads, but not so much with others. When i load some of the POIs it just gives me an entire list to scroll through, all begining with say "Home Depot" and then a street name---how do I tell which is closest? On the side it indicates distances, but they have not been correct....suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

You have to live with that, these are bird flight distances.
They won't put a costlier CPU, and more programming ressources to solve a minor problem like that, especially all the GPS manufaturers are lowering price like crazy.

Ok, received my TT1 from amazon the other day and fired it up, setup TTHome, backed it up, loaded a new splash screen to match my ford and then hopped in the car to try it out.

Love this thing! Some guys on this site have done a great job integrating their TTs into their dashboards and such but I didn't find it necessary. I stuck it to the windshield pretty low and didn't find it distracting driving around, day or night. I plotted some routes that I already knew and it worked great! I even went the wrong way on purpose and it corrected it quickly. I then plotted some I didn't know and got there easily.

The real test will come when my wife tries it out. 2 thumbs up from me though. Excellent buy!

Hello and welcome! That's an awesome deal you got on the ONE! Hope you (and your wife) enjoy it!

Ask a Question