New maps whipes out 4-digit lock code?

I downloaded the map on a different PC as I'm not home right now.
And, my security code did indeed get wiped.
Terrell did you also install the new map on a different PC?

What version of Home were you using?

I'm currently downloading map 825 as I type this. I'll let ya know if it wipes out my code or not. I'm so glad TomTom finally has the yearly subscription for the US. The new map only cost me $11.95 + the cost for a 1 year subscription of maps which is awesome. What's funny though is that in the confirmation email they have a typo. It says "We have received authorisation of your payment"

I know you asked Terrell this question, but for what it's worth, I used Home v.2.5. Well, I can't remember the rest of the numbers, but it wasn't the Beta v. 2.6.0.1525, which I have subsequently installed on this PC.

And now I can't operate my 125 from Home. It's an older pc running I think Windows 2000 (whatever was pre-XP). I get this error message, "Error calling method on NPObject!"

ERROR: Error: Error calling method on NPObject!
in chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:213
Stack:
0. function startup_navigator("PB3388H01289","8-010-9369-1.dll","26","Latin-1","E:") unknown
1. function () chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:213
dataFolder);
2. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:129
this.initEmulator();
3. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. function () chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:435
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
5. function (true) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:423
this._doneCallbacks();
6. function ([object ProgressEvent]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:274
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:32:31 GMT

So, I can't put my security code back in until I get home.

I'm not sure that is correct. My understanding is that the 630 is just a 730 with only 1 map, not both US and Canada but that it still will handle sdhc memory **in addition** to internal.

Try this: create a folder called mp3 (all lower case, no quotes) on the sdhc card. Put a mp3 file in it. But, have the application on internal (so that the TT will boot to internal by default). Now, go to the jukebox. does it 'see' and be able to play the mp3 which resides on the card?

Unfortunately the 630 doesn't have an mp3 player application just an option to control an ipod, however my reasoning that the unit uses the internal memory if no SDHC card is installed and vica versa is because I have two different boot startup images, one for internal and a completely different one of the card and I have different poi files as well, the standard one supplied with the map update and some downloaded ones that are on the internal and I have the expanded 815 poi files on the card. The downloaded ones don't show if I boot with the card in place.

The GO 630 is made exclusively for and sold by Radio Shack and has the North America 2gb map included.

HTH,

Let's say for the moment that upgrading a map by itself can wipe out the security code (and, sorry, I'm still not convinced it does ....) and a thief steals a unit that is locked with a pin.

There was nothing else I did to the unit, other than download and install the new map. You can choose to not believe the several of us that experienced the security code being wiped out if you want to, but that is our experience.

How is the thief going to blow away the pin by upgrading the map if he doesn't know the pin in the first place to access the unit to connect it to Home to download the map???

True, you need to enter the password before it will connect to the computer now.

No, I installed the new map using the same computer, my laptop, which I took with me on my trip. I was using HOME v2.5.2.58, which was the newest one available at that time for the Mac.

And since HOME v2.5.2.58 did not work with "Operate My GO", it was not possible to use HOME to re-install the security code.

Fortunately, that issue has been resolved with the new HOME v2.6.1.238, where "Operate My GO" now works on the Mac like it's supposed to.

Last edited:

Ask a Question