New maps on Feb. 11?

I came across a post at Pocket GPS World stating that updated maps will be released on Feb. 11. I can't say how accurate this is, but we'll find out next week. So, if anyone is close to their 30 day LMG, they may want to hold off a few more days. Maybe they'll release an update for 8.3 at the same time.
Here's the link:
Pocket GPS World new maps thread

Yes, I saw that post as well. Remember, that the date may not be accurate (TT is sure not accurate as to when the next firmware is coming.....:( ) and, even if it is, just because GB & W Europe may have a new map release then, that doesn't guarantee the NA map would be released the same day.

A new $90 map is a non-starter for me, since my entire unit only cost $99 when I got it. I'd be better off waiting until I see another low-end unit in the bargain bin, and using the map guarantee -- that way I get new hardware *and* a new map for the price of a new map.

TomTom would get more of my money, over the long term, if they would bring the subscription deal over from their side of the pond.

Map 815 came out Nov 11, and Tomtom usually releases them every 3 months. Someone either has inside info, or is just guessing at the Feb 11 date.

TomTom sometimes is random when releasing their products. The time between map 8.10 and 8.15 was around 2 months, which really bugged a lot of people. To me it seems that TomTom was just eager to release IQ2. I do agree with RobertB that a lot of the time it's not worth buying a new map since the map sometimes costs more than the unit itself, unless you have a high-end unit.

I'd be better off waiting

You betcha !!

Once you've used TT products for 4-5 years, you'll quickly understand why doing semi-yearly updates is just about useless. My Go from 2004 has never been updated and still is accurate over 99.995% of the U.S.

You betcha !!

Once you've used TT products for 4-5 years, you'll quickly understand why doing semi-yearly updates is just about useless. My Go from 2004 has never been updated and still is accurate over 99.995% of the U.S.

how could you made such claim unless you have traveled to 100% of the US and find out that it is .005% inaccurate. :D

Ask a Question