New Maps - Lose all of my POI's?

TomTom Model(s)
I'm getting ready to upgrade to the 715 map. I see where you can back up your favorites. My problem is that since you can only store 20 favorites, I created a custom POI's for my customers and jobsites. I spoke with technical support and they said even if I could back up my stored custom POI's that it might corrupt the new map. Does anyone have any ideas or am I SOL and have to re-type in all of my custom POI's?

Thanks.

your custom poi's should be stored in .ov2 files inside your current map folder. just copy those to your hard drive and after you have the new map, just drop those files inside the new map folder.

the ov2 files have worked with many previous map versions and there should be no problem with the new map.

your custom poi's should be stored in .ov2 files inside your current map folder. just copy those to your hard drive and after you have the new map, just drop those files inside the new map folder.

the ov2 files have worked with many previous map versions and there should be no problem with the new map.

Flyer,

Thanks for the reply. I found the .ov2 files and did see a few of the POI's. What I am mainly looking for is this: I created a couple of POI categories. One is called Contacts and the other is Jobsites. Within these POI's I have saved addresses of all my customers. This is what I am trying to move to the new map. I looked in the .ov2 file and can't locate these addresses within that file.

Flyer,

Thanks for the reply. I found the .ov2 files and did see a few of the POI's. What I am mainly looking for is this: I created a couple of POI categories. One is called Contacts and the other is Jobsites. Within these POI's I have saved addresses of all my customers. This is what I am trying to move to the new map. I looked in the .ov2 file and can't locate these addresses within that file.

Data in the .ov2 file should be there. Try this, from a backup, copy the file mapsettings.cfg to the new map. Does that help?

Ask a Question