New maps - are they worth it?

Hello,

I have a brand new TT1. When I check for updates through HOME it says that I have the most current version of the maps.

Is it worth it form em to order and install the DVD with the new maps? Would there be any advantage or difference compared with the existing maps already installed?

Thanks.

Hi gianfri,

Check your map version on your unit. I'm almost sure that TT isn't shipping the very latest maps yet. You probably have map v660.1215. The newest version is v665.1293. In my opinion, it's definitely worth the $6 for the new maps. There are lots of people on here who have said that new roads are on the new maps but not on the old ones. I've also heard of a few problems where roads on the old maps are NOT on the new ones. But I think those are few and far between, depending on your area.

Updates only come a few times a year, and this one is only $6. I say go for it! :)

I'd say it depends on the country ;) hahaha.

But yeah, for $6 (free really.. $6 is just the shipping), it won't hurt.

I'm trying to get version v665.1293...but missed the recent "free" update available. I tried to go to tomtom.com and download it, but I can get it to work. Does anyone have the files for the update they can email me or tell me how to update?

I'm trying to get version v665.1293...but missed the recent "free" update available. I tried to go to tomtom.com and download it, but I can get it to work. Does anyone have the files for the update they can email me or tell me how to update?

What exactly is the file you downloaded? How are you trying to install it on your device?

well for me over in alberta canada i found the new 6.75 maps a life saver. If it werent for the new maps i think i would have taken the unit back to futureshop.

Map Update

My wife gave me a GO 510 for fathers day. Went online to check for updates only to find out I missed the free map upgrade by 2 days :-( I wish TomTom would give you a least one free map upgrade after you purchase so you get the latest maps. If you get some old shelf stock like I did your forced to live with out of date maps...

What exactly is the file you downloaded? How are you trying to install it on your device?

Well "download" was a bad word. I'm trying to buy it, but it wont let me chose any maps to purchase. I can select 6.75 maps if I say I'm in the UK but it won't let me purchase those either.

My wife gave me a GO 510 for fathers day. Went online to check for updates only to find out I missed the free map upgrade by 2 days :-( I wish TomTom would give you a least one free map upgrade after you purchase so you get the latest maps. If you get some old shelf stock like I did your forced to live with out of date maps...

I just found out about the update. A bit late :(

Tomtom has my email address, wish they would have sent me something to let me know of the offer.

Well "download" was a bad word. I'm trying to buy it, but it wont let me chose any maps to purchase. I can select 6.75 maps if I say I'm in the UK but it won't let me purchase those either.

Apparently you can purchase this using your credit card as they don't check where you are from. I haven't done it but people on this board have.

Ask a Question