New Maps are at leat 2 years out of date???????

I travel down to Truro UK, quite a lot, just before indian Queens TOMTOM XL tries to get me to travel thru the fields, its completely lost for about 5 miles, the sad thing is that the new road has been in place for 2.5 years, and I updated my maps for new 3 weeks ago, Tom Tom have asked me to subscribe again for map updates, I shall not be bothering

Map updates are well out of date

The M20 off the M1has been downgraded for some months and the slip road is at least 2miles north on the M1. If you go by your tomtom you will have to go via the M25 to your destination. I have just updated my 520 and it is still showing the M20 and the old slip road. The updated maps i recieved are a total rip off i wont be upgrading again!!!

Sad to say, your issue is not isolated to TomTom.

The main maps used by TomTom are provided by other sources. The most common providers are TeleAtlas (which seems to provide the maps I get) and Navteq.

In addition to the TomTom MapShare, these sources will accept entries from users. I have submitted updates to both sources, but it does take a while to implement. With Navteq, I can get updates for when my suggestion is acked on. And it has taken 8 months. Sometimes, they come back and say the they had already updated it. But that is usually something that they were close to rectifying.

Unfortunately, this will do you no good, if you are not familiar with where you are. However, the more who update what they are familiar with, the more it will help those unfamiliar.

Ask a Question