New Map ....??

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1435TM
Hey ...It's Oct, now ... when is the new map comes out ...

There are 3 or 4 new exits on the high way in my area within 3 months .. "keep missing them" ..

Any idea ..?

@dhn ... Cool ... few weeks to go .. thanks .

@canderson : Since new map is almost out , I don't bother to report .... just want see if new map has them up to date ..if not then I definately report .

If these exits have only existed for 3 months, and IF TomTom wasn't made aware of this through other means (they do get data from municipal and regional sources), it could be some time before you see these on your maps. When reported by users, we always use 3 releases (9 months) as a typical lead time to release of a change.

Emailing support is painful...

350XL,

I just updated and it says I have installed version 9.51 04/04/13.

Now looking it online I only see 9.15?? Nowhere do I see a 9.51. USA/Canada/Mex.

Did the update completely fail?

I don't understand! And I'm new.
Gord

Yup, that's a map version. A really OLD map version! We're about to see 920, and yours is 875. The roll by 5's, so that puts you about 9 quarters (or about 2-1/4 years) behind at the moment. Those don't come for free, either (at least not on the 350XL).

However, you do have up to date firmware now.

ok, I was wondering...seems I'm not getting the updates properly..*sigh* back to the drawing board.o_O

What update were you expecting? As noted, these aren't free. Did you purchase a map subscription and are trying to download and install from a subscription? That we can help with.

Yea, I did buy a year update subscription,

I've just received my second e-mail update notice last week

I know it worked a least once because the roads in my relatively new area are showing up much better. I just ran a back up and install on the weekend but the Tomtom home message said there was a newer version, so I tried again, and it said the update was "tiny"

Let's first go over what may be coming across as updates. A full map update for your unit will be BIG. Something more than a gigabyte. The small regular updates you receive are updates to whatever map is already installed on your unit. If you purchase a subscription, you get the full map replacement update quarterly. Even with no subscription, we all receive Mapshare updates give or take weekly, perhaps more often. Those are incremental improvements to older maps that eventually find their way into newer full maps as well.

If you purchased a subscription, when did you purchase it, and have you ever successfully downloaded a new map for your unit? Again, we're talking something BIG that would take you more than an hour to download and install.

To see if you have a newer map (newer than 875, anyway) on your PC, check in the following location for a folder called "North_America..." or "USA___Canada..." or similar.

My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Download / complete / map

Let us know what you find there.

So short story is I e--mailed Tom Tom again last night. Gave them my July 2013 order number and asked why it wasn't updating.

Long story:

I deleted the downloads folder content and the Tom Tom app-data on the PC

I deleted the file on the device (I saw a 8 number so I know it was old)

Reloaded Home, connected the device....here's were it got interesting (in hindsight)

Some message popped up about not having a guarantee blah blah blah, I ignored it because I assumed since I deleted the map file it was like a default message.

The update loaded the old map again.

I then went to bed.

You deleted the file(s) in the Download/complete/map folder?!? If you have ever successfully downloaded it, that's where the new map would have been (sigh).
So is the above message any indication of your current status? Are you up and running again with 875?
If so, we can work from there again.

Did you buy the map from the Tomtom website? Or from within the Tomtom HOME app?

If from the website, it is possible you didn't buy a compatible map (as the website doesn't stop you). If this happens, you need to call tomtom to have them replace it with a compatible map.

No it was the old map I deleted, and yes I'm back to where I was.
Using "Manage my ONE XL", I can see it's using the 875 version.

Bought it through the web from an e-mail link

Hmmm, now that's interesting about being incompatible, however, it did work once and brought me up to 2013. I'll call and see what help I can get.

Thanks! I've learned a lot!

Operative word in dhn's comment = "about".
Last year, we received 900 on 11/16. As I recall, we received the March 905 map a little late this year (3/26). So...

So to follow up with you helpful people, turns out I had a factory installed USA CAN & MEX map, but bought a US / CAN update service. Never even came into my mind! Oliver was super helpful on the phone.

Ask a Question