New map transfer

Ok, don't ask me how this happened...

Somehow, I got a newer USA/Canada map on my SD card than what is on my device. Apart from my device being sent back to TT for repair today, the unit and the SD card were working fine. Is there a way to easily transfer my maps from my SD to my device without obtaining a big red X?

;)

Assuming Tomtom gives you the same device (not a replacement one with a different serial number), the easiest thing to do is reinstall your map directly from HOME onto the device when you get it back (don't insert the SD). If you want your settings back, copy the mapsettings.cfg file from the map folder on the SD card onto the map folder on the Tomtom drive.

If you get a different device serial number, and its preinstalled map is older than the one on your new device, you'll have to call Tomtom to reauthorize the newer map for your new device's serial number.

maps and voices...

Ok, so good on TT, they sent me a brand new device. So now, I have a device that has a different serial number than the one on my SD card. TT home now tells me I can only have one of those two devices tied to my TT account. I guess I would have to reformat my SD card to match the new device, which is not a problem for me. But, I want to keep my newer maps. Can I not do that by backing up my maps? Or are the maps associated with a device serial number? Then I think I may be in poopoo...

On another note. For some reason, this new TT device won't let me install computer voice Kate (UK). Why? it was on my old TT One XLS, it's on my SD for my old XLS, and the new device IS a TT One XLS. What gives? Need help on that one!

Ask a Question