New Map on New Card

As I now have successfully backed up my original card to a new 2 GB, I just installed a map of Western Europe v 660.1256. This same card has the most current USA & Canada maps plus Guam. I deleted most of the voices to save a bit of room but the unit is running substantially slower now. I can't test the Euro map yet as I'm still in the US. Should I delete the USA map before I travel abroad? Do i need to download anything so the unit will pick up the sats in Europe? And finally, is there a speedcam file for my Euro map? Yipes! Lots of questions.....THanks again

Tomtom one v.2
App 6.56(7914/061211)
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.05

Ribbit,

I also am planning a trip to Europe. Did you download the Europe map through TomTom Home? What seems to be running slower now, when you use the TT locally or just communication with TT Home?

I'm not sure of the file system since I didn't format the card . But prior to loading the Euro maps it was quite fast.....response to typing the names of towns and streets...etc. was quite speedy.

I'm not sure of the file system since I didn't format the card . But prior to loading the Euro maps it was quite fast.....response to typing the names of towns and streets...etc. was quite speedy.

I'n my case, I'm not sure why, but when I first used the card it was already in FAT32. I got my device running but noticed the device took a performance hit. Every button tap, every calculation of a route was at least a 5 second delay. I would tap the the Navigate button, count 5 seconds, then the menu would appear. It was very bad.

I then just reformatted the card to FAT and no performance hit. It's just as blazing fast.

Ask a Question