New Map loaded, but I lost my Favorites

TomTom Model(s)
Rider V2, OneLE, XXL540TM
I purchased and received the updated map for North America. I was a bit suprised that I received detail maps for most of the area as well. The install went pretty well (well at least it appears to have). I applied the new application and the new North American map, but I didn't try any of the detail maps. Anyone else work with them yet?

My Real question for this post... Does anyone know the file name or extension for "Favorites"? I'd like to get them back out of my backup(s).

Thanks...

\USA_and_Canada\MapSettings.cfg

On the TomTom...

or
\TomTom\HOME\Backups\GO\Backup#\Storage\usa_and_canada\MapSettings.cfg

from your backups

I wonder why some people are losing their favorites and some aren't? I'm one of the ones who didn't lose anything... favorites or custom POI. I'm glad, but I wonder why the process seems different for different people?

Very good point fanchee. I am one of those who did not lose everything. Wonder if it has anything to do with the way update was done.

I have one better....

I've tried a few different map install configurations.

If I install us-canada I have no problems.

Install the New England states only.. I lost everything and my custom menu is FUBAR'd

Install the entire east coast, no problems...

Install Florida only, I lost everything ....

And yes... I have my backup(s) :D

odd...

The easiest solution is to copy all the favorites and POIs on your computer some where. When you upgrade maps, just copy and paste the favorites and POIs into the new map folder.

I lost mine also... TTG 300. I didn't do a backup (I know, you don't have to tell me). I just deleted my old map and installed the new one via TomTom Home. Don't know why it lost my Favorites.

So what I've concluded from everyone's experience here is that if you have a GO 300/700 you MUST backup your favorites and manually copy them over.

My favorites went untouched when I upgraded a ONE and a 910, I didn't lose them. But I think everyone who's upgraded using a 300/700 has lost theirs... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ask a Question