New map install

Hi all

I have a tomtom one (Western europe preinstalled) looking at the device through tomtom home i have something like 8mb free space on the device. This is not enough space so i put in an SD card, it was seen in "my computer" , i copied my eastern europe map to the sd card.
Basically what i would like to achieve is western europe on the internal memory and easter europe on the sd card and use both. Does it work like that.
I downloaded the maps from tomtom, i can see them in my downloads folder.

No, it's either/or when you use an SD card. Inserting the card bypasses the internal memory. You can't access both at the same time (unless you buy a TT 720)

Your SD card must contain all the software files too so that the unit can boot up.

Sorry, but it won't work like that. On the ONE's, the internal memory is used exclusively so as soon as you put an SD card it the internal memory is then disabled. So you would be just using the one map at a time.

thanks for the quick reply guys, much appreciated.

ok great. so i need to back up my existing data from the tomtom to my pc. buy a 2gb sd card and restore both maps to that.

Ask a Question