New Map download?

OK having discovered that the SD card supplied with my TomTom One is somehow 'locked' to the device as I can't copy it as a backup, it got me thinking about what happens if I want another map to use on this device?
If I wanted to buy the Florida map for an upcoming holiday I assumed I would download it from the TomTom site and get an activation code? I has also assumed that having downloaded it I would copy it to an SD card and then when I use it for the first time it would ask for the activation code? Have I completely missed the plot here?

Sad to answer your own posts but the answer is to buy the card from TomTom at a price a bit higher than anywhere else. Obviously they insert some sort of code in the card which the device recognises and that's why your normal 'cheapo' card won't work!

I think that, once you upgrade the application to 8.010 via Tomtom HOME, you should be able to download their maps onto any SD card.

I don't have much experience with your no-internal-memory ONE XL, as it's not sold in the US, but that process appears to work for others on the forum.

Ask a Question