New Map Download

TomTom Model(s)
I know there have been lots of threads here about down loading, but when I have removed North America 2G from my 720 and try to install the new map it said there is not enough free space, how could this be when I just removed enough space for the new program??

Thanks in advance!!

My STRONG suggestion is to get a 4 gig sdhc card for your unit. Insert it in the unit. Select external when TomTom starts. Install the map on the sdhc card. Saves a great deal of aggrevation.

The new map will squeeze if in you're too lazy to buy an SD card (like I am).

Assuming you already bought/downloaded your map, just format the tomtom and install the application/map/voices fresh from HOME. Make sure you install the voices as the last step.

Well it wouldn't even let me get that far, is there any hidden files for NA maps?? I tried to place the old map back on the device and it wouldn't even let me said "not enough free space". Should I delete the old voices inconjuction with removing the old map??

Well it wouldn't even let me get that far, is there any hidden files for NA maps?? I tried to place the old map back on the device and it wouldn't even let me said "not enough free space". Should I delete the old voices inconjuction with removing the old map??

Removing voices clears up a lot of space. I only keep Susan and Mandy, and have 100mb free on internal after the latest map.

Again, it's easier to use an SD, except you have to get in the car and drive to the store.

I just updated to a new map "USA" only and I deleted "USA & CANADA" gave me plenty of space on my 2 yr old TT One XL (no SDHC Card), works just fine and I'm impressed with how much better it gets me around and some new features........:D

Well I had other issues, it appears that I had a ghost program on my TT. Called the help desk and got everything fixed, basically had to reformat the entire TT, have everything on just the internal HD now. They also recommended that only one or two voices be on the TT at any one time.

Thanks for all of your help in this matter!!

Cheers!

Ask a Question